SSE2 & SSE3

Animik

11 posts in this topic

I've been trying to install OS X. The install was good, 10 minutes to get to the install, and 30 minutes to install it. Now, when I'm trying to boot, I get the circle with the diagonal line, meaning my CPU isn't SSE2 or SSE3. I used CPU-Z to check my stats, and it claims that my Sempron is SSE, SSE2, SSE3, and 64 bit. So how can I enable SSE3 to run OS X, and another question, after I set the OS X partition to be active, I can't boot back into Windows, I've tried everything. Can someone help me out? Thanks and advance.

I've been trying to install OS X. The install was good, 10 minutes to get to the install, and 30 minutes to install it. Now, when I'm trying to boot, I get the circle with the diagonal line, meaning my CPU isn't SSE2 or SSE3. I used CPU-Z to check my stats, and it claims that my Sempron is SSE, SSE2, SSE3, and 64 bit. So how can I enable SSE3 to run OS X, and another question, after I set the OS X partition to be active, I can't boot back into Windows, I've tried everything. Can someone help me out? Thanks and advance.

The circle and line don't mean anything about SSE stuff. In the install there should be (customize button) you need to pick what you want to install. Usually SSE3 needs to be checked but SSE2 is always installed. Try and reinstall :compress: I don't know what your screen says about booting to windows but you may need to try a boot disk, I like Heirens Boot Disk but you can find one to your liking. I'm getting one right now called Dimound Boot off demonoid.

This is from:

http://www.osx86.theplaceforitall.com/howto/

If you don't have SSE2 and you try installing OSX86: when you bootup your computer it will lockup after it gets to the gray Apple logo.

That's what happenned to me. So how can I enable SSE2 or SSE3 or fix this problem, I've reinstalled it twice, waited for like 20 minutes at the boot, nothing happens.

You don't enable SSE2 or SSE3, they're instruction sets that the processor just 'knows'. If you're having issues on boot, there's something else causing it. trying booting with a -v or a -x (safemode) and seeing if that fixes anything... how long have you let the machine sit after getting the error before turning it off...?