Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sumanitu Taka Nagi

OS X & AMD

7 posts in this topic

Seem to be a polarizing combination...

I want to say first of all that I apologize if my topic is in the incorrect forum or if I've missed a thread related to my topic. I've honestly been searching around on this forum and other sites and all over google for a couple of days so it wouldn't surprise me if something slipped between my paws.

With that said, I've been trying to get OS X going on my desktop computer and I've tried mostly to install it in a virtual machine. In either VMware Workstation, VMWare Player, and VIrtualbox. All to no avail. I've even tried both Lion and Snow Leopard and have had no success with either. At this point I'm really out of my element and unsure as to which method si the ebst to keep working at.

At this point I'll take what Ic an get. Doesn't amtter if it's native or in Virtual Machine...if it's Lion, or Snow Leopard, x86 or x64. :)

So I guess what I'm asking is if anyone out there could advise me as to waht is the best method for trying to get OS X onto an AMD Machine I'd greatlya ppreciate it. Along with any information about how to do it or what direction would get me more information would be appreciated as well.

Here I'll provide my main specs.

CPU

AMD Phenom IIx4 945

Motherboard

MSI 770-C45

GPU

ATI Radeon HD 4600

Memory

4GB DDR3

Thanks, in advance for taking the time to read my post. And just so ti's known I plan on supporting Apple's OS...they deserve their money. :3

Advertisement

I had the best luck with nawcoms boot cd. You can find it on prasys site. You will need a original snow leopard dvd. The machine was pretty unstable so I didn't do to much with it. Everything worked OK except sleep. It would KP a lot. There are a bunch of fixes for this but I didn't spend the time on it.

Good luck

I had the best luck with nawcoms boot cd. You can find it on prasys site. You will need a original snow leopard dvd. The machine was pretty unstable so I didn't do to much with it. Everything worked OK except sleep. It would KP a lot. There are a bunch of fixes for this but I didn't spend the time on it.

Good luck

Thanks for the tip Toad, though how exactly did you get this accomplished? Were you using a native installation, or were you installing into a virtual amchine or something like that?

Thanks for the tip Toad, though how exactly did you get this accomplished? Were you using a native installation, or were you installing into a virtual amchine or something like that?

No, I had a AMD box laying around. I simply put the nawcom boot cd in, let it do its thing. Put the Snow Leopard DVD in hit F5 and let it boot. After that I installed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from tonymacx86 and installed bootloader and any kexts you need for your board. It was very basic. It took me a few tries to get everything working so be patient. Just for the record, I tried mostly all the boot cd out there right now. While they are all very good, nawcoms works best for me.

No, I had a AMD box laying around. I simply put the nawcom boot cd in, let it do its thing. Put the Snow Leopard DVD in hit F5 and let it boot. After that I installed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from tonymacx86 and installed bootloader and any kexts you need for your board. It was very basic. It took me a few tries to get everything working so be patient. Just for the record, I tried mostly all the boot cd out there right now. While they are all very good, nawcoms works best for me.

At the risk of sounding profoundly ignorant, I'm having trouble even getting passed the boot CD. Everytime I try to run it I get theror "The guest CPU has been disabled" in a dialog box from and Kernel Panic inside the actual Virtual Machine.

ya, I have never tried the virtual machine on AMD cpu. You may have to enable visualization in the bios on the host machine.

ya, I have never tried the virtual machine on AMD cpu. You may have to enable visualization in the bios on the host machine.

Alright, I think I'll give antive isntalling a try if you feel taht's best and take my issues over into that board. Thanks for your help thus far.