Marvel 88E8055 10.7.1

xxpokerxx

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have 10.7.1 running near perfectly on my laptop now, only thing not working is my ethernet (Marvell 8E8055). I tried using a Kext that I used to use on Snow Leopard, that worked perfectly then, however now on Lion after rebooting my Wi-Fi is broken and my ethernet is still not recognized. I also tried a kext from kexts.com and it had the same effect.

does anyone have a Marvell 88E8055 running on Lion ?

Anyone ahve any ideas, thanks, appreciate it.

My Specs:

CPU: Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.0 GHz

GPU: 2x Nvidia 8700M GT 512MB (only one is recognized, but thats expected)

Audio: Realtek ALC 885 (Working except for jack sense)

Ethernet: Marvel 88e8055

Wireless: Broadcom BCM94321MC (Native support, Airport Extreme) *replaced the original Intel 4965 that came with the laptop

Can't think of anything else that you may need, but if you do let em know and i'll upadate ASAP. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I have 10.7.1 running near perfectly on my laptop now, only thing not working is my ethernet (Marvell 8E8055). I tried using a Kext that I used to use on Snow Leopard, that worked perfectly then, however now on Lion after rebooting my Wi-Fi is broken and my ethernet is still not recognized. I also tried a kext from kexts.com and it had the same effect.

does anyone have a Marvell 88E8055 running on Lion ?

Anyone ahve any ideas, thanks, appreciate it.

My Specs:

CPU: Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.0 GHz

GPU: 2x Nvidia 8700M GT 512MB (only one is recognized, but thats expected)

Audio: Realtek ALC 885 (Working except for jack sense)

Ethernet: Marvel 88e8055

Wireless: Broadcom BCM94321MC (Native support, Airport Extreme) *replaced the original Intel 4965 that came with the laptop

Can't think of anything else that you may need, but if you do let em know and i'll upadate ASAP. Thanks again.

Hi I have the same problem have you find a solution??Can you use the network card on lion?? Please if yes can you help me!!

thank you

Hi I have the same problem have you find a solution??Can you use the network card on lion?? Please if yes can you help me!!

thank you

Hey, I did not find a solution, but then again I stopped trying as I am super busy and i'm near WiFi all the time so it doesn't really effect me much.