Help out a newbie!

t20

6 posts in this topic

I've been all over the internet trying to find a proper guide or someone to help me install Snow Leopard on my system. I've even gotten as far as getting to the installation (booting using ModCD) but it wouldn't recognise the IDE Hard Drive that I want to install the OSX on.

Here's some information;

Asus P5K Mobo

2gb Ram

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66ghz

ATI Radeon 4850HD

Retail OSX Snow Leopard 10.6 on USB

Below are my stats for compatibility.

73465032.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please help! I've been losing sleep over this Lol once I get hold of something I'm determined and don't let go!

I've been all over the internet trying to find a proper guide or someone to help me install Snow Leopard on my system. I've even gotten as far as getting to the installation (booting using ModCD) but it wouldn't recognise the IDE Hard Drive that I want to install the OSX on.

Here's some information;

Asus P5K Mobo

2gb Ram

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66ghz

ATI Radeon 4850HD

Retail OSX Snow Leopard 10.6 on USB

Below are my stats for compatibility.

73465032.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please help! I've been losing sleep over this Lol once I get hold of something I'm determined and don't let go!

I don't know Sh*t, but just venturing a wild guess, try using a sata HD and disabling the IDE controller in bios, and change the settings to run sata as ahci mode.

You should use whatever kexts you use to boot the installer to boot your OS X. I think the problem might be that you didn't load the proper kext for your IDE controller. Web search around for the model of controller.

By the way, use a SATA drive. IDE is considered outdated by Apple.

You should use whatever kexts you use to boot the installer to boot your OS X. I think the problem might be that you didn't load the proper kext for your IDE controller. Web search around for the model of controller.

By the way, use a SATA drive. IDE is considered outdated by Apple.

Oh, so the only way to install it is by using a sata drive? That's the end of the road for me then, I only have hold of an IDE hard drive

Ok i've gotten it to recognise the Hard Drive. Still using ModCD at this point. It gets to the installation part, and after a few minutes it says Installation failed. Why is that?

i think u r using the usb method ,its really not that hard to install on IDE _still check my guide and pm me for any clarification.