Transparent menu bar

kind3rgarten

2 posts in this topic

So,

many of you users may not have liked the transparency in 10.5, but I really liked it. But now that Lion is out, I see that the menu bar transparency seems to be less- which I don't like. I would like it to be either fully transparent, or like the Snow/Leopard menu bars. So I come here to ask the geniuses of the InsanelyMac community, is there an equivalent procedure comparable to a Windows registry hack for this, or a .plist I can edit, maybe a third party program will suffice? Also, if anyone knows how to do it, but making the dock fully transparent, it might look kinda cool.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
So,

many of you users may not have liked the transparency in 10.5, but I really liked it. But now that Lion is out, I see that the menu bar transparency seems to be less- which I don't like. I would like it to be either fully transparent, or like the Snow/Leopard menu bars. So I come here to ask the geniuses of the InsanelyMac community, is there an equivalent procedure comparable to a Windows registry hack for this, or a .plist I can edit, maybe a third party program will suffice? Also, if anyone knows how to do it, but making the dock fully transparent, it might look kinda cool.

Thanks.

Yes, you can use Candybar 3 to tweak your Dock's appearance. I have no idea about the menu bar tho, I guess it's hardcoded into the OS. Cannot be changed. But it does look 80-90% transparent if the color behind it is closer to white than to black. That's about it :).