Asus 1201N Installation and support

1,053 posts in this topic

I did it 2nd time, the same result, apple logo, spinning reel nothing more.

I delete now the win7 partition, lets see what happend.

I made a display foto, so is my installer stick:

My files differ from yours!

no not really but the Lion Install differs -- b.t.w. you use a developer installation? maybe DP2 or DP3?

see:

post-170145-1312823699_thumb.png

My files differ from yours!

no not really but the Lion Install differs -- b.t.w. you use a developer installation? maybe DP2 or DP3?

see:

So, I downloaded from Apple Store, it is a normal version.

Just 2 questions, If I change the 2 Directory, System/Library and the other one, if I copy these 2 Directory, then in these Directories (original) only just 1-3 files, so if I change it with the Target Directory, I have to merge it, and only these files changing or complete, and then only these original files are ind the Target directory?

I hope I was clear...

For showing hidden Files I use Houdini.app, a simple Application, but the result is the same.

I deleted my complete HD, but the same result.

I made the Verbose Boot mode, here is 2 Fotos:

post-720313-1312835153_thumb.jpg

post-720313-1312835185_thumb.jpg

Just 2 questions, If I change the 2 Directory, System/Library and the other one, if I copy these 2 Directory, then in these Directories (original) only just 1-3 files, so if I change it with the Target Directory, I have to merge it, and only these files changing or complete, and then only these original files are ind the Target directory?

I hope I was clear...

no you can't copy the directory you must only copy the files inside the good folders

OSInstall inside usb key /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A

OSInstall.mpkg inside usb key

/System/Installation/Packages

no you can't copy the directory you must only copy the files inside the good folders

OSInstall inside usb key /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A

OSInstall.mpkg inside usb key

/System/Installation/Packages

I think I did so...

Can you see maybe on the Fotos something strange? Why I cannot boot?

Just Apple Logo, and Spinning Reel.

Nevermind, I try it again :-)

I think I did so...

Can you see maybe on the Fotos something strange? Why I cannot boot?

Just Apple Logo, and Spinning Reel.

Nevermind, I try it again :-)

boot press esc choose boot from your usb key then press F8 and select your usb key and press enter

No Bluetooth Ghosts anymore: I took the optimized AppleBT kext (the 2nd one) of Mr. Andy Vandijck :

Andy VanDijck and now it's working.

deleted the broadcomusb kext, replaced it with that one: BroadcomAppleBluetooth.kext.zip --- and made an kextutil ... and all at 64 bit :(

have now working bt-mouse (logitech m555b) and bt-keyboard (apple, older one, 3 batteries) without BT-ghosts and they are available at login!

that are my /E/E's:

post-170145-1312845777_thumb.png

post-170145-1312847489_thumb.png

No Bluetooth Ghosts anymore: I took the optimized AppleBT kext (the 2nd one) of Mr. Andy Vandijck :

deleted the broadcomusb kext, replaced it with that one --- and made an kextutil ...

and all at 64 bit :angel:

have working bt-mouse (logitech m555b) and bt-keyboard (apple, older one, 3 batteries)

and they are available at login!

that are my /E/E's:

Thanks Mondi!

I think CrazyJuice has to update the guide to the version 4.1 or 5.0 ;)

hi! first i want to thank a lot to nasseau and crazy juice for the effort

i made my usb key installer and it boots perfectly, but the installation doesn't recognize my hd, the only option hd being recognized in disk utilities is my usb hd, but not the internal hd. it has a partition with win 7 and it used to dual boot with snow leo without any problem

any ideas why the internal hd couldn't be recognized in the installer?

thanks

Hi, I do something wrong with the Chameleon Installation. 1203 ver. ok, but which method must be used?

Boot0hfs or Boot0 or Update? If I choose NOT the right one, I have to copy again the boot file?

(I mean I have to delete the installed boot file and then try another option)

I had dual win7/snow leo on my hd, now only 1 partition with win7.

I appreciate any help

EDIT: I tried chameleon 914, first delete boot file, then 914 install, then apple logo, and immediately restart...

If I install chameleon 1203 with one of the options, just spinning reel forever...

which version of chameleon can be also good?

I can't get my Lion install to boot after the installation.

I have tried everything but it stalls by this message in verbose mode: "nstat_lookup_entry failed 2".

Anyone know what's wrong and how to fix this?

Hi, I do something wrong with the Chameleon Installation. 1203 ver. ok, but which method must be used?

Boot0hfs or Boot0 or Update? If I choose NOT the right one, I have to copy again the boot file?

(I mean I have to delete the installed boot file and then try another option)

I had dual win7/snow leo on my hd, now only 1 partition with win7.

I appreciate any help

EDIT: I tried chameleon 914, first delete boot file, then 914 install, then apple logo, and immediately restart...

If I install chameleon 1203 with one of the options, just spinning reel forever...

which version of chameleon can be also good?

start again from beginning

it only takes like 15 min to create the usb key

I can't get my Lion install to boot after the installation.

I have tried everything but it stalls by this message in verbose mode: "nstat_lookup_entry failed 2".

Anyone know what's wrong and how to fix this?

clean install or update?

deleted the broadcomusb kext, replaced it with that one: BroadcomAppleBluetooth.kext.zip --- and made an kextutil ... and all at 64 bit :)

have now working bt-mouse (logitech m555b) and bt-keyboard (apple, older one, 3 batteries) without BT-ghosts and they are available at login!

that are my /E/E's:

i still have ghosts ;/

and there is no option to turn off bt (only in bios) :/

clean install or update?

update.

But I managed to get past the error by removing some caches:

sudo rm -rf System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

Now stuck on next error though...

Gonna try to format and reinstall from scratch when I get home.

I should be able to install Lion and then restore all my stuff from Timemachine right?

update.

But I managed to get past the error by removing some caches:

sudo rm -rf System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

Now stuck on next error though...

Gonna try to format and reinstall from scratch when I get home.

I should be able to install Lion and then restore all my stuff from Timemachine right?

have you tried to repair authorization using the installer disk?

start again from beginning

it only takes like 15 min to create the usb key

Not for me, I had my Lion on HD what I have deleted...

I have another 1201 but NL, so not dual core, lion cannot be downloaded again with this.

Normally Base System, Packages, Extra, dsdt has to be good, but first I want to find a Chameleon that path me through on the first install.

Please, so answer my question, which method has to be used ? Boot0HFS, Boot0, or Update or doesnt matter ?

Thanks

have you tried to repair authorization using the installer disk?

How would I go about doing this then?

Is this something I can do with the Lion install stick?

Because my USB I installed snow leo from have suddenly stopped working... damn low price USB-memory sticks..

Is this something I can do with the Lion install stick?

yes using disk utility

Not for me, I had my Lion on HD what I have deleted...

I have another 1201 but NL, so not dual core, lion cannot be downloaded again with this.

Normally Base System, Packages, Extra, dsdt has to be good, but first I want to find a Chameleon that path me through on the first install.

Please, so answer my question, which method has to be used ? Boot0HFS, Boot0, or Update or doesnt matter ?

Thanks

try update and be sure to select your usb key as target partition

have now run disk utility to repair permissions and it fixed quite a few of them.

unfortunately no change. it still hangs with either "nspace-handler-set-snapshot-time:..." or "nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2"

now I'll try a clean install instead.