crazyjuice

Asus 1201N Installation and support

1,051 posts in this topic

I'm having the same problem.

1) Created USB using the Lion BootMaker and the manual process from page 1

2) Booting from USB, the apple screen appears, followed by the "Connect Mouse" screen, followed by Language Screen

3) After selecting English, the error message "Installation Cannot Continue" appears with a choice of viewing the log or saving the log

Have others encountered this? Any solutions or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Check with other source... maybe is the Lion image that you have...Can't think more right now... Good Luck!

Advertisement

Hello everyone! Yesterday I successfully installed Lion on my 1201n, and everything is working just fine except that I got a kernel panic when I shutdown or reboot (and maybe on sleep, didn't dare to try it).

I did everything that the guide instructed, don't know what's the problem... Should I reinstall some kext or just need one?

Thank you in advance! :unsure:

Hello everyone! Yesterday I successfully installed Lion on my 1201n, and everything is working just fine except that I got a kernel panic when I shutdown or reboot (and maybe on sleep, didn't dare to try it).

I did everything that the guide instructed, don't know what's the problem... Should I reinstall some kext or just need one?

Thank you in advance! :unsure:

sleepanabler.kext and nullcpupowermanagement.kext

Check with other source... maybe is the Lion image that you have...Can't think more right now... Good Luck!

Thanks for the suggestion.

I had legally purchased the bits from the AppStore. But I suspect that gives you 10.7.2 which errors out during install.

After I downloaded OSX Lion 10.7.0 from ... ahem, a friend... the install was able to proceed.

sleepanabler.kext and nullcpupowermanagement.kext

Thank you, that solved the problem! :angel:-_-

oww :)

I took my 1201n apart today and found the trackpad ribbon wasent pushed all the way in, so spent an hour trying to get my track pad to work in windows, got bored and gave up so went to boot into mac and got a KP.....

then tried my 2nd mac partition same thing, so tried the installer USB, guess what, same thing!

whats going on! :@

*edit*

its alright, solved it, changed something in the bios....

still stuck with my keyboard and track pad issues... gonna do another install and try a different kext

I've spent the night deleting and reinstalling kexts as only some of them would load in 10.7.2 and then I get a waiting on root device error.

Those of you who have updated could you let me know exactly what you did?

I updated, then rebuilt the kexts and updated chanealion, what have I missed?

I've spent the night deleting and reinstalling kexts as only some of them would load in 10.7.2 and then I get a waiting on root device error.

Those of you who have updated could you let me know exactly what you did?

I updated, then rebuilt the kexts and updated chanealion, what have I missed?

From fresh install, install kexts, rebuild repair. (I use kext wizard)

1) update chameleon..

2) Update to 10.7.1 (software update)...

3) Change the atom kernel to latest...

4) reinstall kexts-- rebuild repair.

5) Reboot

6) Install combo update 10.7.2 client...

7) Install kexts again....

8) Rebuild repair

9) Reboot

Now you can DO the "delete the extra folder method" and use kernel cache...

PS: This is what I've done... and it's working. ( was working with 2 gb, and is working with 4 Gb... )

Good Luck

Cheers, what chameleon are you using and where can i get the newest kernel from?

And can I solve waiting for root from another Mac partition?

Cheers :blink:

Cheers, what chameleon are you using and where can i get the newest kernel from?

And can I solve waiting for root from another Mac partition?

Cheers :(

Cham 1649; Kernel from nawcom, but his site is offline (kernel of the guide should work any way)..

I fix it once overwriting the boot file of one chame ver. with a newest one, from Windows

Right fixed my keyboard by sorting the kexts out, its installed the voodoo PS2 trackpad kext but says it cant find my trackpad, looks like im taking the thing apart and seeing if I can fix it....

gonna head off out and will give the update another go later :) hopefully Itl all go well :)

my trackpad diddnt work because some of the contacts had come off...

soted it out and swapped the cable around and it works :D

although my track pad buttons dont work :S

right gonna do a fresh install and an update and if it works im gonna do the same to this partition :)

Hi all! after much tweaking, patience and everything else, I managed to have a 100% working hackintosh !!!!!!!! The only bug is that the touchpad to work, it works, just do not touch it to open a window (that is, when you want to press the X to close the application, I have to press the left touch-pad: (

1) The kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext is the one in question ... came out a few more that would make the touchpad work 100%?

2) I would like to upgrade to 10.7.2 but I do not want to combine a mess. I know that you have to update the bootloader and mach_kernel_atom Chamelon (now installed r1203)

give me some advice? to update it without any problems? Thanks

up

Hi, I'm just new in all this Hackintosh :-)

Bootloader Chameleon 2.1

Custom Kernel Atom Kernel 11.1.0

and much more :-) L2

I have a Asus 1201n (Netbook)

BIOS Settings:

Execute Disable bit: Enabled --> Couldn't find this option in my BIOS.

XD: Enabled --> Couldn't find this option in my BIOS

Limit CPUID Max: Disabled --> DONE

Virtualization --> Couldn't find this option in my BIOS

Hyper-threading --> Couldn't find this option in my BIOS.

HPET: Enabled --> Couldn't find this option in my BIOS.

SATA Mode: AHCI --> DONE

After that booted from the disc and I get the following:

Attempt 1:

1-Booted with verbose (mach_atom)

2-Stuck at loading screen (Apple LOGO)

Attempt 2:

1-Booted with verbose (-v mach_atom)

Attempt 3:

1-Booted with verbose (-v -x mach_atom)

Hope you can help me get Lion work thx

img_1465_cleanedrrjpu.jpg

img_1469_cleanedunk9u.jpg

Hello,

I have tried following the directions for installation several times.

Each time I see the boot up screen load all of the library files,

and then after a minute or two, the laptop reboots.

I can't see the error message because it reboots too fast.

Any help would be very appreciated.

I'm having the same problem.

1) Created USB using the Lion BootMaker and the manual process from page 1

2) Booting from USB, the apple screen appears, followed by the "Connect Mouse" screen, followed by Language Screen

3) After selecting English, the error message "Installation Cannot Continue" appears with a choice of viewing the log or saving the log

Have others encountered this? Any solutions or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Without seeing the log file it's a bit of a crapshoot as to what is going wrong. I ran across a similar error myself and when checking the logs it was complaining about a file that was from the modified bzip2 that was supposed to be copied over from the Lion install package to the usb key. Comb through the logs towards the beginning and it will tell you why it can't conintue.

Hey guys, I have this issue, I plug in my USB key and I select it, but I'm just getting a screen with a white blinking cursor.

I have AHCI on, what am I doing WRONG? I used the pre-install tool...

sure you have the latest bios? There no AHCI in the last bios for Asus 1201N....

In AMD systems some motherboard only boots in IDE mode...

Hey guys, I have this issue, I plug in my USB key and I select it, but I'm just getting a screen with a white blinking cursor.

I have AHCI on, what am I doing WRONG? I used the pre-install tool...

You must watch if you formatted the USB with the GUID partition table, hope it helps!!

I finally got 10.7.2 working with iCloud/Facetime! Not entirely sure how exactly, but I've attached the files I'm currently using. I'll recap what I did in order and hopefully this helps clear things up.

Sleep works by closing the lid as well!

First thing to do is make the bootable Lion USB. This is all available on the first page of the thread. Use the files provided and follow the steps to boot, format drive, copy kernel/extensions, install, and boot into your newly installed 10.7.0 OS X partition. Remember to boot to the thumb drive and then select the hard drive install partition in Chameleon when the boot loader shows.

Once booted into 10.7, install Chameleon to the hard drive. Personally, I use Champlist to update and download Chameleon, but there are many of ways to do this.

Now remove the Extra folder and copy over the files in my attachment to the hard drive. You may need to rebuild the .mkext, but it should work as is. Reboot

10.7 should boot successfully now without use of the thumb drive. The next objective is to delete Ethernet and Wifi from the Network tab in System Preferences to reset the devices. After that, remove NetworkInterfaces.plist from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and reboot.

After rebooting, go back into System Preferences and Network. Add Ethernet first, apply, add WiFi, apply, reboot. This is key because the Ethernet needs to be the first device. I connected to Wifi after this and tested FaceTime. ZING! WORKED! I hadn't had FaceTime work yet on Lion, but it finally worked with this group of kexts/boot.plist/smbios! Since success here, I downloaded the 10.7.2 combo update, rebooted, and logged into iCloud successfully!

Once I realized I had iCloud/Facetime working on 10.7.2, as well as sleep working, I moved /E/E to /S/L/E and removed the .mkext from Extra, repaired, and boom!

1201n.10.7.2.Extra.zip