New Hosting: Maxxuss Patch v0.5c (SSE2, AntiTPM)

maxxuss

56 posts in this topic

Uhm... to my knowledge, OSX86 has absolutely zero built-in rar support. This basically offsets any size decreases from rar.

But I noticed that you called it a "Zipped ISO" or something similar. Is this simply a renamed ZIP file?

I'm not quite sure about the RAR situation on StuffIt-less Macs, so forgive me if I'm a bit off here.

Uhm... to my knowledge, OSX86 has absolutely zero built-in rar support. This basically offsets any size decreases from rar.

But I noticed that you called it a "Zipped ISO" or something similar. Is this simply a renamed ZIP file?

I'm not quite sure about the RAR situation on StuffIt-less Macs, so forgive me if I'm a bit off here.

actually i think he meant that the iso was compressed inside the rar :)

Uh... UnRarX

Rar for OS X... use google next time. :unsure:

Hi Maxxuss, do you remember my problem with cs2 ? i've solved it in two parts:

the first problem the general error pls reinstall is the stupid adobe activation, doesn't start without a network card. now it works thx to your vmware network driver.

the second problem was that it was still crashing after activation and here's the weird part. It crashes bringing down rosetta when booting with platform=X86 but it works fine when booting with platform ACPI

I dunno if this is related to your patch or just a bug in rosetta

I've finally got working the nforce3 rev 2 kext in acpi mode hacking the source a bit so everything is fine the only missing part is no driver for my marvell yukon when i boot in native mode

Read my post more thoroughly next time. Built-in support. Anyone can download a program to use RAR on Mac. :P

Ahhh... built-in. But... does Windows XP have built-in support for RAR? :D

Even better: How about TAR? How about BZ2? How about Zip compression? :(

Nice job on this as usual MAX. Am i allowed to to ask quesitons here? or should (i go elephant myself?) heh..

I notice this patch is for the original deadmoo image, Not that i need to USE the newer image that just made headlines, but i wouldbe interested to know if you somehow got your hands on it and looked at the updated TPM code...

-Straylight

In case you're wondering about this, let me clear things up...

This forum is still all about asking questions - discussion over Maxxuss' work can of course stay here.

It's just that for a few things, like the TPM patch, we can't host it here (or provide links) for legal reasons.

So Maxxuss is hosting his patches off site, but this is definitely the place to keep asking questions!

Maxxuss,

Please accept my apologies in advance for my "noobness". For those of us with SSE3-capable processors, when we apply the v0.5c patch as described in "How to Install" (at your site), what parts should we execute after the install starts? Is it "all or nothing"? I've made the CD already but want to know what to do when I apply. Thanks!

P.S. I installed from the deadmoo.

Well, I installed it. Running it now. No more iTunes crashes thank god. Its kind of annoying having to manually power the system off because nothing can shut down iTunes in any way.

One comment though... running -s to do the install temporarily broke my system... I ran the install in single user mode and apparently it mounts the filesystem read only? It gave me tons of errors about it being a read-only file system and I couldn't boot at all until I ran -x and patched it through the terminal.

A bumpy ride but seems to be smooth sailing now. Thank you! :D

Well, I installed it. Running it now. No more iTunes crashes thank god. Its kind of annoying having to manually power the system off because nothing can shut down iTunes in any way.

One comment though... running -s to do the install temporarily broke my system... I ran the install in single user mode and apparently it mounts the filesystem read only? It gave me tons of errors about it being a read-only file system and I couldn't boot at all until I ran -x and patched it through the terminal.

A bumpy ride but seems to be smooth sailing now. Thank you! :(

Thanks Ethereal. Has anybody installed v0.5c that doesn't have to manually power the system off like EtherealRemnant, or is this a global side-effect of applying the patch?