Lenovo Y560-06465CU DSDT

Dr. Jackson

15 posts in this topic

So far I have had pretty good luck with getting Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on my y560. I am working on putting together a new y560 guide since I have found bits and pieces on the forums but nothing up to date.

Specs are:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y560-06465CU

MBoard: Lenovo KL3 Rev 1.0

Intel Core i7-740QM

8GB DDR3

500GB HDD

1GB ATI Mobility Radeon 5730

Intel Wifi 1000 (Replaced with an Atheros AR9285)

Snow Leopard is installed on an external eSATA drive. I have a Intel 310 mSATA 80gb ssd on its way so I no longer need the eSATA drive.

Things that don't work right now are sleep, 64 bit mode, monitor blanking/dimming/sleep, Fn Keys, and card reader. I currently use modified kexts for sound, wifi, ethernet, etc.

I see that a DSDT mod can make the wireless work without kext modifications. I really want to get sleep and 64bit mode working.

I have to use a specific bootloader with kabyl code to get my video card to not cause a kernel panic that unfortunately doesn't work with Lion. I don't know if DSDT modding can help this..

I do work with computers for a living but DSDT modding is not something I know anything about. I found in the forums a Ubuntu Python script to dump and zip my unmodded DSDT. Can you guys help me out?

ACPI_Tables_2011_07_31_22_45.zip

Here are the requested files...

dsdt.Dr._Jackson.zip

remove EvOreboot and NullCPUPowerManagement

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

use smbios MacBookPro6,1

smbios.plist.zip

after reboot

send me new kextstat

run on terminal

*use original kexts(Wireless etc)

dsdt.Dr._Jackson.zip

remove EvOreboot and NullCPUPowerManagement

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

use smbios MacBookPro6,1

smbios.plist.zip

after reboot

send me new kextstat

run on terminal

*use original kexts(Wireless etc)

Should I just create a Vanilla install to get stock kexts? I followed all other instructions accordingly.

send_me.zip

• 3 weeks later...

I was rather successful on my friend's y560. Specs are almost the same:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y560-0646-54U

MBoard: Lenovo KL3 Rev 1.0

Intel Core i7-740QM

4GB DDR3

500GB HDD

1GB ATI Mobility Radeon 5730 (DEV ID 68C0, VEN ID 1002)

WLAN Atheros AR9285 (DEV ID 002B, VEN ID 168C)

Sound Realtek (DEV ID 0272, VEN ID 10EC)

With graphics I remained stuck with Vesa basics 1024 x 768/ no QE/CI no matter what I did .. :)

I was not able to extract the 5730's ROM BIOS - they run 64bit Win7, and neither GPU-Z nor the old ATI Tool were able to extract it. When I'm at it next time I'll but MiniXP off Hiren's CD and will try to extract from there (unless somebody has a better idea).

I had to leave then but was able to at least extract the DSDT (after applying the latest BIOS # 59). I have not yet had time to look at it so am attaching it without being able to give any feedback about it, in case somebody want to look at it.

Dr. Jackson, do you use a GPU ROM dump to get res switch + QE/CI, and if so, would you tell me how you obtained it, and could you maybe even zip and attach it? And do you use these addition in the boot.plist?

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
	  <key>AtiConfig</key>
	  <string>Hoolock</string>
	  <key>UseAtiROM</key>
	  <string>Yes</string>

Thanks,

Bug

EDIT: the attachment now also contains a modded DSDT with the following patches via auto-patcher applied:

shutdown
rtc
WAK
DTGP
LAN0
LPC
HDEF
IRQs
NewHPET

DSDT_Lenovo_IdeaPad_Y560_0646_54U.zip

wow thanks so much, MaLd0n - nobody's in this forum helps faster than you, it's so awesome - I'll provide kextstat once I have an opportunity to be back on that machine today or tomorrow (I need to hurry with this 'cause they leave town with it in a few days for several months ..). Will post back asap!

Do you also require all the other ACPI tables from me as Dr. J. provided in his first posting (as our models are not exactly the same)?

I will decompile your dsdt.aml tonight hopefully and diff against mine to learn what you did. Is it based on the original or already the version I modded with El Coniglio's tool?

wow thanks so much, MaLd0n - nobody's in this forum helps faster than you, it's so awesome - I'll provide kextstat once I have an opportunity to be back on that machine today or tomorrow (I need to hurry with this 'cause they leave town with it in a few days for several months ..). Will post back asap!

Do you also require all the other ACPI tables from me as Dr. J. provided in his first posting (as our models are not exactly the same)?

I will decompile your dsdt.aml tonight hopefully and diff against mine to learn what you did. Is it based on the original or already the version I modded with El Coniglio's tool?

DTGP

EHCI

FN KEYS

HDEF _DSM

HPET - BUF0

IRQs(PIC, TMR, RTC and HPET)

ADD Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02) in _L METHODS

LPC

PNLF

RTC

SHUTDOWN

SMBUS

UHCI

FIX WARNINGS

• 1 month later...
DTGP

EHCI

FN KEYS

HDEF _DSM

HPET - BUF0

IRQs(PIC, TMR, RTC and HPET)

ADD Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02) in _L METHODS

LPC

PNLF

RTC

SHUTDOWN

SMBUS

UHCI

FIX WARNINGS

Hi MaLd0n, Awsome work!

I have been testing this DSDT in LION.

I'm having good success so far except for when it comes to monitoring/controlling temps, fans, northbridge temps, etc.

I am hoping you could help with this (provide required DSDT edits). I have researched trying to do this. However, it is currently a little bit over my head to accomplish.

Thanks for all your hard work on this Lenovo! You Rock!

thbluebird, welcome to the forums - and congrats for your 1st posting being a weird one .. ;) clicked too fast, or the wrong button? You know you can edit a posting you made?

Thanks BugsB.

I'm not sure what happened, but I have re-edited my post. Hopefully it posts right, and is helpful to us with this laptop.

• 5 months later...

Hey I am a nOOb so please do not shoot me :D

I have been following this blog:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/######-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html

To install Lion on my Y560-06465CU

everything works fine, I get to the following step

3. At Chimera Boot Screen, choose USB

I choose USB with

Boot in Verbose mode - type -v

Verbose has no errors Then I get to the screen which is supposed to be installation screen BUT

I see an animation showing

a PC with a pointer to "Power" button

and a mobile with a focus on its "Power" button

I get it means that i need to switch off the PC and try again.

- I tried various flags

- I tried various DSDT

- I tried everything said on this particular forum

Nothing seems to work.

Can someone please help me!!