OSX instalation: Hard drive not detected

Maximilian

6 posts in this topic

Hello

My config: (asus w1n, intel pentium m 1,7ghz)

I used partition magic to create a new partition on my single 80go hard drive , which was already separated in 2 partitions (c drive, 40go and d drive, 30go)

I set the osx drive (the newly created partition, 15 go) as active and i rebooted my computer. The installation starts running, until i have to choose a drive on which i want to install OSX: none of my drives is detected then. They appear in the disc utility (the osx partition is in FAT 32, Mac OS)

Do you have any idea, do you need more informations about my config?

Thanx a lot

They appear in the disc utility (the osx partition is in FAT 32, Mac OS)

You must format the partition as HFS+ (MacOS Extended Journaled)

Use Disk Utility. Click on your partition on the left and click on the Erase tab on the right.

Be sure it is set to MacOS Extended Journaled and click the Erase button.

Close Disk Utility and the installer should now show your partition.

Later in the installation, before clicking on the Install button, first click on the Customize button. Choose packages for your computer. Click on the little arrows to reveal the individual packages. Choose only Intel or AMD packages, not both. Choose only SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor.

Ok now Rammjet gave me a solution to set the windows partition back to active so i could start all over again by crating a new partition for osx using another program than partition magic, but it doesnt seem too work, is there another way than this link

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=22844

to set my windows partition back as active? Im so lost, thanks a lot

Okay now Rammjet really helped me out, i succeeded in making the windows partition active again. Now i'm willing to clear the osx partition and recreate it using another software than partition magic.

NOW my problem is:

http://memorae.free.fr/images/100_9217.JPG

I used the "resize-move partition" tool to clear the osx partition and make my G: drive bigger. But as you can see, the G: drive is now on an extended partition. I can make changes on G (fat 32), but not directly on the partition. I guess it's because the * is primary and G is logical, and i want g to be primary. Is there a way to do this, even with another software?

Thank uuu