CMOS Reset on this kind of old PC its normal

Your screen is on DVI Port?

did you try my last post, ? trying this boot args

PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

If this not work try this FakeSMC.kext

Extra/Extensions

FakeSMC.kext.zip

Chris,

YES... On DVI port - but VGA does the same thing.  I was thinking that too - normally when it is the port issues DVI vs. VGA - the monitor is black with OUT OF RANGE message in the middle (white text with green box around it).  :-)

OK.  I will give this KEXT a try.  Probably tomorrow.  I am headed out for the night here in about an hour.  

I believe that I have a KEXT for the CMOS stuff.  It was in Pippo's original posting.  ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext  as well as the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

I did not try those lines. 

CNorris

Hi,

ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext is needed to avoid Cmos Bios reset.

Install FakeSmc and NullCPUPowerManagement also in /System/Library/Extensions/ on USB pen.

Video issue seems related to GT430 video card. Try to remove it and try to boot with internal video card. It should work.

Then when you have installed OSX Lion , we could take time to complete post install tweaks.

sent from my iPhone

Team,

UPDATE.  I re-built the USB today.  Did not use the ENOCH package at all.  Put the Elliott file, the FakeSMC file, the CPUPower file, and the Extra folder on the USB (did not replace the boot file which was already there from the Chameleon package run) and GUESS WHAT!?!   The USB Booted, I got a bunch of scrolling text, but then got the LION INSTALLER page where I am to choose the LANGUAGE, etc.  

I used DISK UTIL to split the Snow Leopard partition in half, created a new partition and called it LION.  I then installed LION there.  The machine rebooted on its own, but booted to the SL partition.

Each time it boots now - it goes the SL partition.  I did a VERIFY PERMISSIONS on the LION partition and it came back with about 15 hits.  I DID NOT REPAIR anything.

I guess now the process is to run CHAMELEON on the HDD to see if I can boot from there.  

BTW -  the GeForce GT430 is still in the machine....this time, no WHITE SCREEN.

Suggestions?

CNorris

Hi,
Boot from usb installer.
You should be able to see Snow Leopard and Lion.
Boot Lion from usb. If all work fine (complete installation, create lion user, choose keyboard) then copy /Extra folder from usb to Lion and install chameleon on Lion HDD.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

On 12/10/2018 at 12:49 AM, PippoX0 said:

Hi,
Boot from usb installer.
You should be able to see Snow Leopard and Lion.
Boot Lion from usb. If all work fine (complete installation, create lion user, choose keyboard) then copy /Extra folder from usb to Lion and install chameleon on Lion HDD.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Pippo,

I cannot get this to work.  I boot from the LION USB and it wants to INSTALL -  I cannot get it to boot from the USB and then go to the HDD where I installed LION.  

If I use the STARTUP DISK option and choose LION - it boots into SNOW LEOPARD.  Does not give me the option to boot from LION.

What am I doing wrong?  

CNorris

Very strange,

Try to create another USB pen with only bootloader.

Do these steps :

1) Format USB Guid HFS+

2) install Chamelon on USB.

3) copy /Extra folder to usb

Boot from Usb

Usually you should see the two Os, Snow Leopard and Lion.

sent from my iPhone