built in ethernet gigabyte ep45 ud3r osx lion

Matt Mastrobuono

8 posts in this topic

I am not new to installing osx on a pc but I have never taken the quizzes to post until today and failed the second one...

heres the problem:

I recently installed OSX lion on my computer with a motherboard GA EP45 UD3R. Everything is working great except the built in ethernet. Whatever I do, Lion doesn't want to recognize an ethernet card. OSX86Tools gives an error and EFI tools says there is no ethernet. I tried Lnx2mac and that didn't do anything either. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I got it to work. I installed snow leopard on a separate partition and the ethernet worked on that. took IONetworkingFamily.kext and put it in lion. my only problem now is that it didnt seem to see ethernet when i restarted it with ethernet not plugged in. I need it to be seen to register Avid Media Composer.

It should work in dhcp, IONetworkingFamily.kext? In com.apple.Boot.plist now org.chameleon.Boot.plist, add EthernetBuiltIn=y or add the lan0 in dsdt.

i have com.apple.boot.plist and org.chameleon.Boot.plist, EthernetBuiltIn=yes on both but no dsdt and I do not know how to make one. I had it in a working snow leopard pack but I'm not sure where I placed that.