Garageband and Logic pro problem

wouty159

5 posts in this topic

Heey,

I just installed logic pro and garageband but i have a problem. :(

When I push play, it works for about 4 seconds and than i get an error that tells me the following:

2ebfqzn.png

I searched on the apple site for a solution but nothing works

I had to change the sample rate but i can't find anything about this... ;)

I'm Running Iatkos V3 s2

my soundcard is a Cmedia Cmi9880

and i'm using the Voodoo driver

Is there someone who can help me please

Thx

grtz

By the way, Sorry for my bad English.

Well, as far as I can understand, the CMedia is an onboard sound output device. Most onboard devices on OSX86 dont support true sample rate change as they have a generic driver like the Voodoo. Its more or less a universal driver for most sound devices.

You could try this thing though,

Go to Utilities folder, open Audio MIDI Setup.

Click on the device you're using for sound I/O on the left.

On the right, adjust the sample rates for input and output as you would like to have it. In your case, maybe 44100Khz would work.

Try the app again.

Or if this does'nt work then just change your application preferences to output sound at a different sample rate.mIn your case, 48000KHz.

I'm using the M-Audio Audiophile Delta 192 PCI card with the Envy24HT sound driver for OSX86. I'm a sound engineer/producer.

Now that you are using Logic on your hackintosh would you be able to tell me what version you're using, did you make any fixes, does it open up fine? This is because I currently only run Protools on my hackintosh rig as this is a new build I put together just sometime back with windows 7. Now that I know I can run SL on my system, I use SL on it for my mixing work. I wanna install Logic on it but wanted to know if it will work properly.

Goodluck trying the fix..

Well, as far as I can understand, the CMedia is an onboard sound output device. Most onboard devices on OSX86 dont support true sample rate change as they have a generic driver like the Voodoo. Its more or less a universal driver for most sound devices.

You could try this thing though,

Go to Utilities folder, open Audio MIDI Setup.

Click on the device you're using for sound I/O on the left.

On the right, adjust the sample rates for input and output as you would like to have it. In your case, maybe 44100Khz would work.

Try the app again.

Or if this does'nt work then just change your application preferences to output sound at a different sample rate.mIn your case, 48000KHz.

I'm using the M-Audio Audiophile Delta 192 PCI card with the Envy24HT sound driver for OSX86. I'm a sound engineer/producer.

Now that you are using Logic on your hackintosh would you be able to tell me what version you're using, did you make any fixes, does it open up fine? This is because I currently only run Protools on my hackintosh rig as this is a new build I put together just sometime back with windows 7. Now that I know I can run SL on my system, I use SL on it for my mixing work. I wanna install Logic on it but wanted to know if it will work properly.

Goodluck trying the fix..

first of all thanks for your answer

and I just installed logic 9 and it opened fine so you don't have to do anything

grtz