Mac OS X Lion 10.7 Golden Master on Fujitsu S6410

ucing

40 posts in this topic

Brilliant.... robi62,

I just try installed camtwist and all of the sudden Facetime work flawlessly. Thank you for your marvelous advice.

FacetimeWorks.png

hi have you tried cam twist for your web cam???

I believe it was working with your laptop........

I am glad just bought a laptop like yours but having problems after reboot

You don't have anything in extra folder like dsdt.am what is your apple plist and smbios in extra???

• 2 weeks later...

After a week of testing managed a dsdt with sleep fix so laptop goes to sleep and wakes up no problem

To make F6 and F7 keys working for brightness I installed keyboard maestro and mapped those keys for it :P

• 3 weeks later...

Great Tutorial Thank you.

I think my Hardware are a little different but at the end it works . When i switch to 32bit Mode my Display not working correct.

Here are a solution for the Display in 32/64bit Mode without switchres.

Copy the file DisplayProductID-717 to /System/Libary/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e

A Solution for the Build in UMTS is the Sierra Watcher utility 2.06. The newer Version not worked for me.

And the last Solution is for the Battery :blink:

Now i having problems with Standby . Standby works but never wake up. The other problem is the Lan . Can´t get it to work

File

Great Tutorial Thank you.

I think my Hardware are a little different but at the end it works . When i switch to 32bit Mode my Display not working correct.

Here are a solution for the Display in 32/64bit Mode without switchres.

Copy the file DisplayProductID-717 to /System/Libary/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e

A Solution for the Build in UMTS is the Sierra Watcher utility 2.06. The newer Version not worked for me.

And the last Solution is for the Battery :D

Now i having problems with Standby . Standby works but never wake up. The other problem is the Lan . Can´t get it to work

File

Hi I need your dsdt as they might be different do you know how to extract it????

go here http://www.osx86.es/?p=610

and download dsdte editor open program and click on extract dsdt then save file and post file here

I also managed to get a patched apple hda to work 4 sound let me know if you want it

AppleHDA.kext_.zip

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

Kext_Utility.zip

These are next for native sound and network

Install them with kextutility

Until i have your dsdt do not install sound it won't work

Wow great Thank you very much.

As bootloader i used Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r877

Sleep is working perfect . Lid is working too.

Sound not working . It shows the Speaker Symbol in the Menu but no Sound .

Network is not really working. It shows that it have a connection - but can´t get a IP Adress.

Maping with keyboard maestro working great :rolleyes:;)

I have a other problem . In the Bios I have switched Core Multi-Processing to disable. All works but i have only one CPU.

When i switches to enable the system hangs . I have try cpu=1 and cpu=2 . all the same . The system hung at the same error - ioapic: Version 0x20 Vectors

With SnowLeopard its works

post-10525-1314903872_thumb.jpg

Did you install hda next in system library extensions????

Network works in my case but I always use wifi as i have swapped intel card for broadmcom and works oob

I use chimera or Chameleon 2 RC5 r1213

In system info when you click on audio does it show this???

Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 12

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

External Microphone / iPhone Headset:

Internal Microphone:

External Microphone / iPhone Headset:

Hi

Yes AppleHDA is installes in S/L/E

In Systeminfo it shows

Intel High Definition Audio

Audio-ID: 12

Speaker

Conection : Internal

Headphone:

Line in:

Internal Microphone:

I make a new clean installation - maybe i have installed a kext too much :rolleyes:

ok I ll double check if I sent you right hda kext......

Sent you wrong one try this one

AppleHDA.kext.zip

:rolleyes:

boot.zip

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

And try this bootloader with orgchamel..plist together with boot.zip

For the boot error have a look here

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari...-8&oe=UTF-8

Let me know results

Hi

Sound is working -- Great :D - Thank you very much.

I have order today a SSD . Crucial m4 256GB ;o))

The problem with the second Core is the same. Sometimes when i wait a long time it boot the system . sometimes no. I don´t understand it. Have you problems with the second Core ??

Is it difficult to make a own dsdt File ?? I have a second notebook - Asus G74SX - I have a little problem to get the sound working.

No I don't have a problem with second core could it be some setting in bios

do you have latest one ???or some different settings from mine

I boot up in round 40 seconds

How do you boot up with UseKernelCache=Yes ?????

For sound for you other laptop look here

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24522

UseKernelCache=Yes ??

No i don´t have it in the com.apple.boot.plist

Where you have saw it ??

here are screen shots of my Bios. It is the same as yours ?? I have the newest Bios . It Version 1.30

post-10525-1314989518_thumb.jpg

post-10525-1314989534_thumb.jpg

post-10525-1314989544_thumb.jpg

post-10525-1314989552_thumb.jpg

post-10525-1314989559_thumb.jpg

Ok only difference i have seen I have my firewire blutooth and smart card disabled

also I have power button off ,resume lan only ac mode

hardware power management enabled

I do not have low power mode in my settings maybe is something to do with ums card????

Also what kexts do have in your extra folder????

These are mine

post-179170-1314993029_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok new here but where I am with an FSC S6410. 2GB memory Dual Core 2.0 Ghz procs.

osx 10.7.1 have 10.7.2 combo update downloaded, but worried about trashing the following.

wifi. Changed to a Broadcom bcm4312 from a dell ebay £2.95! Needed a kext but found one eventually. The supplied FSC was an Atheros which I couldn't get to work.

LAN. 88E8055 using a modded appleyukon2 kext for this. works fine. This was a mod for the venID and devID within the ionetworkingfamily kext, which was where I found the yukon2 kext and associated plist.

USB all ports work once you get the right combo of kexts in S/L/E folder.

printing CUPS works, but SMB/LPR printing to Windows doesnt. Issues in MAC OS X apparently.

sound. voodooHDA kext works ok. Feedback from lid mics though, so not the greatest. Front sockets work, if you reconfig in the sound options. The plugging in and out of the front jacks doesnt work automatically as it would in Windows.

Battery meter etc. Thats now working today thanks to you guys in this thread. Shows the battery icon on the topbar, with power left options/time etc. Cheers all! Was a case of reading the instructions properly and installing voodoobattery.kext.

1280x800 32bit graphics working using AppleintelGMAX3000 kext out the box . Had some strange screens when building sort of a while burnin screen... don't know what that was all about but had to use graphicenabler=No to get it up!

max resolution achieved using switchresx4 download. Easy enough to configure.

Built from Iatkos Lion 10.7.1 L1 doot disc. Then used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and switch to [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or the thing with the little red man on.... works a treat.

Keyboard working using a modified UK keyboard downloaded windows-uk.keylayout. This fixes the issues such as a shifted 2 showing as an @ rather than "

And a big thanks to you guys today again as the sleepenabler now works. pwr button requests sleep etc, and it sleeps. Opening the lid wakes it again. great stuff. That was a case of using the sleepenabler kext .

So thats about it for now. Any questions post here.

Things that don't work :).

o2micro SDMC card reader. Tried and failed....

Firewire, havent really looked into this.

Bluetooth I think works out the box, but I've disabled it in the BIOS for now.

Function keys for brightness. needs a dsdt as described here, but I don't want to take the risk of trashing the system... just for some brightness to work!

All for now.

if any one else has some offerings on this laptop (FSC S6410) e.g. Should I go and update to 10.7.2 then I'd appreciate it?

@gazzauk71

Hi I have updated to 10.7.2 only problem was my lcd I had to reinstall my modded eidid

Can you send me normal links to posts you mentioned I cannot open those stupid kontera ad

does not let me open links

Ps always do a back up b4 updating

Regards

Hi Robi.

The links are not in there because I didnt note them, but I do have the files of course, which I can send to you. Most of them did come from the osx86 forums or here. It was all through looking. I was particularly happy with the keyboard fix as that just plain annoyed me... @ for " and all! Maybe I should have noted them... but given the weeks of messing around I'm not 100% of where I got them from and the order I did things in. I have noted them all as I need to provide the notes to a colleague who has.... another S6410 for this exercise!

I'll take a screen grab of the kexts used (Showing in system info utility) on my S6410 and post it here for your comparison if you like? I can also send you the kexts that I'm using as well. They are not big files really.

For me, 10.7.2 is the big one, so Ive backed up using superduper as an image across to my windows server. I guess its best to BU to a USB drive though, so I'll do that and swap the laptop disc to an older 80GB and test restore and then 10.7.2 update. Thay will preserve my existing 10.7.1 version.

So let me know if you want any of these kexts etc.

Also, any joy with the 02micro SD card reader? And whether voodoo sound is the best to use or not? I have feedback from the two mics on the lcd panel via the voodooHDA kext, a little annoying.

Can you also expand on the 10.7.2 upgrade and how you fixed the loss of the screen? I had a number of early issues with black and white lines across the screen, then I had some sort of grey looking burn in lcd... messed around for ages with the boot flags etc to get it to work ok. I think it was because I hadn't run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] before restarting the thing, or I'd gone a bit over the top with the kexts that I thought I needed. In reality you really don't need that many, so little is more in the case of the S6410. oh and 32-bit is a must as far as I can see with it, although the dmesg log shows 64-bit enabled... but still runs as i386 given i've set it as arch=i386 in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Right enough of my waffling... laters.

that is what I usually do when I upgrade on usb external b4 I commit to my hdd

For sound I use my modded apple hda

For screen I use a modded edid so I dont have to use switch res

Laptop is working good in boot option in chameleon is

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386 pmVersion=102</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>0</string>

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<string>Extra/smbios.plist</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Default</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>arch</key>

<string>i386</string>

</dict>

</plist>

So it boots quite quick and for brighntess keys and volume I use keyboard maestro

I am glad sleep works for u did you use my modded dsdt???

This is my sytem info

post-179170-1321795694_thumb.jpg

After 10.7.2 update screen was with gray lines so I reinstalled my modded edid id in system/library/display/overides/displayvendor id 756e... display product 717