Chameleon RC5 1159 vs issue

viciouzex

5 posts in this topic

So I decided to install the newest chameleon because my Lion was giving me random panics for no reason at all. I tried my friends chameleon from his hard drive which was new and Lion ran good without any panics at all. So I get the new Chameleon and install it, reboot. When I choose my Lion drive it says Mach_kernel missing. What can one person do to correct this?

So I decided to install the newest chameleon because my Lion was giving me random panics for no reason at all. I tried my friends chameleon from his hard drive which was new and Lion ran good without any panics at all. So I get the new Chameleon and install it, reboot. When I choose my Lion drive it says Mach_kernel missing. What can one person do to correct this?

IMPORTANT!

This update renames com.apple.Boot.plist to org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra,

now chameleon uses org.chameleon.Boot.plist instead of old com.apple.Boot.plist

i need mach_kernel emailed to me asap for GM

No you don't. You need to correct your com.apple.Boot.plist so that it points to the correct kernel.

Chameleon does not delete or replace mach_kernel, it is still at the root of your system drive where it always was.

This update renames com.apple.Boot.plist to org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra,

now chameleon uses org.chameleon.Boot.plist instead of old com.apple.Boot.plist

/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist will still work for now, Chameleon displays a warning message telling you to rename it.

More importantly, all instances of 'manufacter' in /Extra/smbios.plist must be changed to the correct spelling, manufacturer.