Problem installing Snow Leopard in my PC

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I'm new at this community and I recently installed Snow Leopard on my NetBook, but today I decided to try to install the same version (10.6) on my desktop computer. Here are all my components:

• Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 3.06Ghz 4MB
  • Memory: Kingston DDR3 4GB 1333Mhz
  • CD/DVD Reader: LG H22 SATA BLACK
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS 512MB DDR2 + HDMI

I tried to install Snow Leopard with all utilities. I tried iDeneb 10.5.8, iAtkos v5i, Empire EFI v 1.085 (all versions), HackBoot v6 and iAtkos S3 v2. Over iAtkos v5i and iDeneb 10.5.8 I always got a symbol on the Mac BootLogo. On iAtkos S3 v2, it frozed on the Chameleon boot screen with an error like: "EBIOS reading error...". Over Empire EFI and HackBoot Snow Leopard booted on verbose mode and I always got the same error: "Still waiting for root device". I don't know what is ocurring.

If you can help me, THANKS!

Hi guys! I'm new at this community and I recently installed Snow Leopard on my NetBook, but today I decided to try to install the same version (10.6) on my desktop computer. Here are all my components:

• Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 3.06Ghz 4MB
  • Memory: Kingston DDR3 4GB 1333Mhz
  • CD/DVD Reader: LG H22 SATA BLACK
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS 512MB DDR2 + HDMI

I tried to install Snow Leopard with all utilities. I tried iDeneb 10.5.8, iAtkos v5i, Empire EFI v 1.085 (all versions), HackBoot v6 and iAtkos S3 v2. Over iAtkos v5i and iDeneb 10.5.8 I always got a symbol on the Mac BootLogo. On iAtkos S3 v2, it frozed on the Chameleon boot screen with an error like: "EBIOS reading error...". Over Empire EFI and HackBoot Snow Leopard booted on verbose mode and I always got the same error: "Still waiting for root device". I don't know what is ocurring.

If you can help me, THANKS!

Check your BIOS for your SATA drive to be set to "AHCI" mode.

P.S. If you don't mind spending like $30 then use a distro use retail install using nawcom's cd ( http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=446 ). Distros are terrible. I had a terrible experience with OS X distros and trust me its not worth the headache.