Dell Precision 670 -=Solved=-

Kafluke

8 posts in this topic

I have been at this for days. I know that this system can run a one of these OSX86 distros and run it well. I just keep having problems getting the dang thing to work. The only distro I can get to work is iDeneb 1.3 and I think that is pretty old.

I've tried many many more and every time they finish installing I get a boot loop.

What I'd like to be able to do is install the retail disc I have of snow leopard. I don't know if that's possible though. I don't understand the difference between chameleon boot and boot-123.

When I finished a good install of iDeneb 1.3 the network card didn't work and someone told me that an updated version of iDeneb has the drivers for my network card. I can't get 1.5 or 1.6 lite to work though. They all just get stuck in a boot loop.

If there is anyone that has had success with these dual xeon dell precision 670 systems and ANY recent distro or build of OSX86 please share with me the details of a proper install so I can get going on this thing. Thanks

-Kafluke

I found nawcom and booted with that. All default settings. It worked perfectly with my retail store bought copy of Snow Leopard!

I found nawcom and booted with that. All default settings. It worked perfectly with my retail store bought copy of Snow Leopard!

Now if I could just figure out how to get the network card to work.

And get some accellerated graphics action. I've seen snow leopard running on macs and they are much nicer looking than what I got going on (and its not just resolutions). I'm talking animated app tray at the bottom etc.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The old Irwindale and Paxville Xeon DP CPUs are unsupported by vanilla kernels so I can only get OS X going with AMD kernels! Same must apply to Nocona CPUs.

So I am lucky with my

Intel Xeon E5335

core Clovertown   :D 

Well, that particular Core-based Xeon generation does not apply to the old Precision 670 so you're talking about a different system.

Yes I am talking about the Dell Precision 690  :)