Lion GM doesn't see hard drive

Maxxor

5 posts in this topic

Hey all!

I've been trying to install Lion for the past couple of weeks (As a hobby) but couldn't get past the screen where it requires you to choose which hard drive you want it installed on.

I've tried DP2, DP4 and I tried GM today with no success.

I'M currently running SL 10.6.8 with absolutely no problem except that I can't wake my monitor when it goes to sleep (requires restart).

I also use MBR as a partition table cause i dual boot with Windows 7 64 bits.

I know Lion requires GUID so I'm using Nawcom's pkg to install it on MBR but as I said, it seems like Lion doesn't even recognize my hard drive.

Any ideas?

If you need more specs let me know.

Hey all!

I've been trying to install Lion for the past couple of weeks (As a hobby) but couldn't get past the screen where it requires you to choose which hard drive you want it installed on.

I've tried DP2, DP4 and I tried GM today with no success.

I'M currently running SL 10.6.8 with absolutely no problem except that I can't wake my monitor when it goes to sleep (requires restart).

I also use MBR as a partition table cause i dual boot with Windows 7 64 bits.

I know Lion requires GUID so I'm using Nawcom's pkg to install it on MBR but as I said, it seems like Lion doesn't even recognize my hard drive.

Any ideas?

If you need more specs let me know.

This was happening to me (disk utility didn't see my drive in the install screen). Changing my sata controllers to ahci mode fixed it for me. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the fast reply Wermy!

Unfortunetaly, my BIOS doesn't have a AHCI mode :P

I went into every option and couldn't find it (Using a Dell fps 435mt)

Also, other question, if I used the Lion installer directly from SL to upgrade, would it crash my Hackintosh? I was able to go from 10.6.6 to 10.6.8 without doing anything. Using Retail Version.

Because I'm only looking to upgrade to GM, not to test.

Thanks for the fast reply Wermy!

Unfortunetaly, my BIOS doesn't have a AHCI mode :P

I went into every option and couldn't find it (Using a Dell fps 435mt)

Also, other question, if I used the Lion installer directly from SL to upgrade, would it crash my Hackintosh? I was able to go from 10.6.6 to 10.6.8 without doing anything. Using Retail Version.

Because I'm only looking to upgrade to GM, not to test.

in my case i found a moded bios for my board with ahci mod. maybe you have one too

when i didn't had the ahci mod i had to use patched IOATAFAMILY.kext (in s/l/e)

i've attached it, maybe will help you

IOATAFamily.kext.zip

Awesome Noam!

I will try that as soon as I can!

Just tried this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260594

Seems like it made that partiotn active and so I need to make the SL partition active again so I can go play in the Lion files again. I'll delete NullCPu and also put your file to see if it fixes it!

Will post back with results

EDIT: IT WORKED!!!! Lion is currently installing on my Hackintosh!

EDIT 2: Lion installed on my PC. Thank you very much Noam, that .kext did the trick!