Microsoft Releases Pre-RC1 Dist

other

18 posts in this topic

Its there. Lying on my DVD-R. Should I install it or not? Beta 2 really disappointed me. It was fast on my computer, but it was too annoying. 4590345409 boxes with "are you sure, yes or no's"... and that Aero thingy wouldnt work with Azureus, the screen would flash... gah, it pissed me off. Whenever anyone installs this one, please tell me what you think of it... if it has improvements, etc... I'd appreciate it =)

Darn I just finished downloading this from bit torrent wish I knew I could have grabbed this without wasting my limited upload :)

I hope this version I will be able to install, with beta 2 5472 I got stuck in a infinite reboot loop :( I could not find the fix for it :(

Download speed is quite slow, I guess the servers are on heavy load.

Is it legal (in the sense of "allowed") for everyone to download a copy? Where do I get the key from, is it a bonus for everyone who took part in the public Beta 2 testing?

I somehow managed to download the ISO of Beta 2 on the last day it was available, but I forgot to register for a key (argh). I'd like to take a look at Vista...

Regards,

Lennard

Download speed is quite slow, I guess the servers are on heavy load.

Yes it is being very slow. I was getting about 30kb/s

Is it legal (in the sense of "allowed") for everyone to download a copy? Where do I get the key from, is it a bonus for everyone who took part in the public Beta 2 testing?

I'd assume that it's legal to download something from Microsoft. :blink:

You would get a key in the email that you received from Microsoft today if you had signed up for the Beta 2 Customer Prevew Program.

Don't need a key from MS. Just use the same ones that's floating around. They sent me one for beta 2 and saw the same key on the net, so i was tinking.. WTF?. i think MS is collecting all the possible errors to make Vista as stable as possible. Now I hope my TV cards plays fair with Aero.

PS. is Beta 2 upgradable to RC1? I'm hoping I don't have to wipe grub when I install this version.

Crashed here beyond recovery when I tried to get an antivirus (just opened IE from the link in control panel, security settings)

You need a special vista antivirus. i think trend micro has one.

Off topic.

My sig isnt to big is it. and how does it look