Ok, i've come to this.....

Staphyl

17 posts in this topic

I am truely sorry to put this upon all of you, but here is my situation:

I have saved money for 3 months. I have a total of $1011 to spend. My parents have supported me and told me that i can get my Macbook when ever i get my money. Well i have enough for a refurb. But ever since they saw some dumb program on Computer Addiction, they now disagree with me getting it. They say that it will make me anti social and confined. That is utter BS. I have friends, a life, and a job. I am not Anti Social. Getting a Macbook will not make me that way. They just gave me a reason to save up my money and now they want me to save it. Grrr.... Just crush my dreams.

So now i would like to ask you the OSx86 community if you would help a guy out. Im only 16 so i can see why my parents would do this. Please help me get referrals for a Macbook. Sorry guys i can't paypal you money, but ask Colonel, New001, br0adband, Mash, c-prompt. Or anyone else that's a regular user here on the forum or IRC that I am a real person and I really have gone through hell and back to get a Macbook. So if you will....

http://macs.free4me.net/?r=9463

If you do help thank you so very much it is appreciated.

Staphyl, it wont work, people dont trust it, i haev one myslef but no one helps. Save up a bit more and tell your parents to go shove it. Its your money etc etc. Or you can save up for a car, that is even better. I think there is a "official" conga line for referrals going on. So try and post it there.

$1000 that i can't spend.....so i really have nothing. :poster_oops:

Its going toward college books and insurance for da car and such. Not toward a nice shiny Macbook....

Believe what you will, but that's the way it is for me.

I hate taht too, i have $3 K in a bank account which i had saved up for a long time to buy me a new PC, and now im not allowed to touch it, cause its a waste of money, like wtf, its my money.

So now i made a new account and am saving up in that one. it will take a while ($100 a day 3 days a week) but it will be worth it.

Kiko i did post one in there, not with this message, but i did post it. No one touched mine because there was too many. I thought this was a way i could get my word across.

Yeah, well all im sayign is that i have tried it b4, too many peopel are trying to get somethign for nothing, its best to do it with your friends and family friends etc. etc. at least it isnt as bad as not being able to touch $3000, if i were you , put the money in a high interset bank account. Then make your own account and start savign up, the main mistake was that my old accoutn (with the 3k) was that it was a joint account as wen it was opened i was liek 8 and iw as to young to have one in my own name. So get your money from work and start savign again, dont tell your parents how much you've made or anything, its not their business (well it maybe is, but thats not the point).

{censored} Happens man, try pleading with your parents tell them you really need a laptop for college, and you shouldnt have to pay for your own school books, that is just low, very low.

Take the bus to the store and keep it under your bed after you buy it...unless you made the mistake of letting your parents 'hold' your money.....

i agree with other post..if you got a grand you dont need a free mac...think about it...

Yeah, well all im sayign is that i have tried it b4, too many peopel are trying to get somethign for nothing, its best to do it with your friends and family friends etc. etc. at least it isnt as bad as not being able to touch $3000, if i were you , put the money in a high interset bank account. Then make your own account and start savign up, the main mistake was that my old accoutn (with the 3k) was that it was a joint account as wen it was opened i was liek 8 and iw as to young to have one in my own name. So get your money from work and start savign again, dont tell your parents how much you've made or anything, its not their business (well it maybe is, but thats not the point).

{censored} Happens man, try pleading with your parents tell them you really need a laptop for college, and you shouldnt have to pay for your own school books, that is just low, very low.

High interest bank account? lol all the banks I see offer less than a percent interest . To make some money off the bank get open a CD. But it still doesnt pay jack {censored}. 6 month cd rates are like 5.65% on a grand? your going to make roughly 50 bucks. Even if that is how they work, banks make me scratch my head. :(

Best thing to do is play the stock market, i hear that Enron is doing good. :(

If I could help, Staphyl, I would, seriously. I'm hoping to get an MBP for myself at some point but they're just too damned expensive - and I have a Wife soooo... maybe someday you'll understand. :D

If Steve Jobs and Bill Gates really wanted to change the face of the world, they'd buy (or give) everyone a MacBook Pro loaded with OSX and Vista for Christmas.

Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream BIG, right? ;)

bb

@ STaph

Have a looong hard think about the BS your parents are buying into... If they are at all reasonable ppl then think also about some sort of reward system that they will find acceptable, that you invent and could bargain with them in return for the 'permission' to get the mbp.

Most parents will want to see their kids developing as adults and ( no offense everyone) most of the ideas to go covert with alt bank acc's and {censored} truly suck. they'll give you maybe a short term fix but when you get the box how you gonna splain that?

And your parents are gonna see it as a divisive act that undermines your relationship.....

Bro ( or sis) be honest and take the MAcs in SCHOOL angle or the I need good tools for SCHOOL angle or the whatever your clever brain can come up with angle that makes your parents see you aint a complete loser/dork/whatever it is they are scared of and that you can actually bring an adult set of concepts to the bargaining table and show them that you have the perseverance and deserve to reward yourself because of it.

This is meant to be friendly and non imflamatory advice so YMMV