• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
KHIT

Enabling Sleep Mode in Lion

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I have recently installed Mac OS X Lion 10.7 DP4, and need a little bit of help getting sleep mode working.

When I close the lid of my laptop, nothing happens. When I tell Mac OS X to go into sleep mode, through the Apple Menu, screen turns black, and 2 seconds later, if I press any key or move with the mouse, I'm at the screen where it should be when waking up.

System Specs can be seen in signature.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Here are the files

dsdt.KHIT.zip

remove NullCPUPowerManagement

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

dsdt.KHIT.zip

remove NullCPUPowerManagement

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key><BR><string>Yes</string><BR><key>GenerateCStates</key><BR><string>Yes</string>

Added dsdt.aml in Extra folder, removed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from Extra/Extensions folder, added

<key>GeneratePStates</key><BR><string>Yes</string><BR><key>GenerateCStates</key><BR><string>Yes</string>

to com.apple.boot.plist in Extra folder, and I got a Kernel Panic, which is CPU related.

I have attached pictures from boot. It gives the same result, in both normal mode and verbose mode.

Well, there seems to be the dsdt.aml causing the KP. As soon as I inserted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and kept dsdt.aml, it still gave me a KP. I then removed the dsdt.aml, and then I could boot into the system.

Well, there seems to be the dsdt.aml causing the KP. As soon as I inserted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and kept dsdt.aml, it still gave me a KP. I then removed the dsdt.aml, and then I could boot into the system.

use AppleHDADisabler or remove AppleHDA

I added HDEF in DSDT

Use smbios MacBookPro6,1

use AppleHDADisabler or remove AppleHDA

I added HDEF in DSDT

Use smbios MacBookPro6,1

Added AppleHDADisabler to S/L/E folder and removed AppleHDA. Repair Permission etc. with Kext Utility for Lion and made a reboot. Again, getting a KP. Have of course removed NullCPUPowerManagement.