Working QE/CI on ATI Radeon HD 4550

Jadar

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have (just about) got full QE/CI working on my ATi Radeon HD 4550 Graphics Card. Right now, I am using a 512MB card. Don't know if it works on any others. Everything works but I have problems with OpenGL. I get the "green apple" error, the Apple menu icon turnes green for some reason.

So first off if you haven't already, Install Snow Leopard, and upgrade to 6.7 (you need to be on 10.6.7 or else this won't work). If you get a kernel panic from an ATi related thing, do this.

Boot with -s, and do the following commands:

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd /system/library/extensions

rm -r ATI*

rm -r natit.kext*

Reboot with -f -v.

Now use Kext Helper and install my pack that you can download at the end if this post, then run Kext Utility (or repair permissions in Disk Utility) to repair the permissions. After that is finished, in that pack is a folder called ChameleonRC5. Inside that folder is a file called 'boot.' Drag that to the hard drive you boot from, be it the EFI partition or your root partition. Now find your com.apple.boot.plist file (in EFI or Extra, not sure what you have.) and add this to the bottom:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

Reboot with -v -f to make sure it recognizes the card, and enjoy graphics. If you have any problems, please post here and I'll try to help you. I'm not exactly an expert on this. I just know that this worked for me.

Great thanks to:

Netkas (for binary patched ATIRadeonX2000.kext)

aonanodad (for getting this to work in the first place.)

Metomet

and

Azuma111

GraphicsPack.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey guys, I have (just about) got full QE/CI working on my ATi Radeon HD 4550 Graphics Card. Right now, I am using a 512MB card. Don't know if it works on any others. Everything works but I have problems with OpenGL. I get the "green apple" error, the Apple menu icon turnes green for some reason.

GraphicsPack.zip

Please, tell me DevID and VenID your Radeon HD 4550?

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...