How to Install DP4 Software Update

ikingblack

4 posts in this topic

First of all, I want to clear some things up.

1. This is my first guide on InsanelyMac. It may not be the best.

2. I did this with the help of my friend, pndo1 on insanelymac, so thank him too.

That's it. Only 2 things. Now let's get on with this guide!

1. Boot Lion. Start Software update and download the Lion DP4 Update. It will download. It will say "Restart to Install Updates". Don't do it. It will install automatically. Now. hit Apple>Reboot. When it asks to install updates, DECLINE!

2. Boot into Snowy. Browse Lion HD/Library/Updates. Look through the folders. One will contain "LionSWUpdate.pkg".

3. Double click LionSWUpdate.pkg. Continue through the install but right before the window to install hit "Change Install Location" And select your Lion Hard Drive. Continue the install.

4. Once installed, copy back and hackintosh kexts (fakesmc, etc) and delete whatever you had to delete to install Lion. E.g I had to delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment Kexts.

5. Reboot into Lion. If there is a new Login screen, You did it!

Congrats! You installed DP5! Or whatever its called... :D

This is NOT necessary.

Software Update works fine on it's own; at least it did on my rig for updating the DP4. Maybe you're talking about trying to update from a lesser version to the latest version?

This is NOT necessary.

Software Update works fine on it's own; at least it did on my rig for updating the DP4. Maybe you're talking about trying to update from a lesser version to the latest version?

I had to do it this way cuz I got KP on restarting and I couldn't update it trough Sowtfare Update.