ATI 4350 ---> AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement boot error

Lauren D

4 posts in this topic

[ I accidentally posted this already in another, less relevant, forum ]

This is my seventh Hackintosh build, and the hardest.

I am using an ASUS IPIBL-LB motherboard with an ATI 4350 graphics card, and trying to run Snow Leopard 10.6.5 (I've had the same problems when trying with 10.6.0 and 10.6.6 as well)

The problem is a recurrent AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement error (failure to boot) whenever I try to switch from internal VGA to the ATI 4350 -- i.e. the same installation boots just fine when using the internal graphics port, though, without QE/CI.

Most of the variations in kext settings and bootloaders I've tried come from this post. The information there has led me to focus on 10.6.5 as my best option, using the kexts described there.

I've been unable to locate a valid EFI string to inject for this card, and I don't know enough about modifying DSDT to tweak a DSDT file appropriately for the 4350 (tried a bare extraction of DSDT in Extras folder, without modifications, but that doesn't help).

I have the NullCPUPowerManagement kext in E/E-- used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install it as part of the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] core enablers. I've tried manually inputting the device ID of the 4350 into the ATI 4600controller kext, as well as the ATIRadeonX2000 kext (of course done all the rebuilding of cache and mkext stuff each time). That didn't help either.

Oh, i've mostly been trying with EvoEnabler in E/E -- should i be focusing on trying variations without it?

I just want one output to work -- vga, or dvi, or hdmi, -- been playing with combinations of all those, but doesn't effect boot failure (not that it should). If I can get boot with QE/CI I'll be thrilled.

Anyone have any hints?

Thanks guys!

Guest sincro77
[ I accidentally posted this already in another, less relevant, forum ]

This is my seventh Hackintosh build, and the hardest.

I am using an ASUS IPIBL-LB motherboard with an ATI 4350 graphics card, and trying to run Snow Leopard 10.6.5 (I've had the same problems when trying with 10.6.0 and 10.6.6 as well)

The problem is a recurrent AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement error (failure to boot) whenever I try to switch from internal VGA to the ATI 4350 -- i.e. the same installation boots just fine when using the internal graphics port, though, without QE/CI.

Most of the variations in kext settings and bootloaders I've tried come from this post. The information there has led me to focus on 10.6.5 as my best option, using the kexts described there.

I've been unable to locate a valid EFI string to inject for this card, and I don't know enough about modifying DSDT to tweak a DSDT file appropriately for the 4350 (tried a bare extraction of DSDT in Extras folder, without modifications, but that doesn't help).

I have the NullCPUPowerManagement kext in E/E-- used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install it as part of the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] core enablers. I've tried manually inputting the device ID of the 4350 into the ATI 4600controller kext, as well as the ATIRadeonX2000 kext (of course done all the rebuilding of cache and mkext stuff each time). That didn't help either.

Oh, i've mostly been trying with EvoEnabler in E/E -- should i be focusing on trying variations without it?

I just want one output to work -- vga, or dvi, or hdmi, -- been playing with combinations of all those, but doesn't effect boot failure (not that it should). If I can get boot with QE/CI I'll be thrilled.

Anyone have any hints?

Thanks guys!

hey smile.gif

\

maybe try......?

1-Remove applecpupowermanagement kext.

or does that cause some other problem?

2 -Delete sleepenabler.kext? install dsdt ? copy dsdt from leopard on same machine...?

3-What about the kernel you are using,......

try the legacy kernel from here ...http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=640

well thats for 10.6.7 the other legacy kernels are easy to find too.

\

4 delete all the caches ... dont rebuild it with utility ...boot into safemode -x

5- try throwing -f -v -s -x maxmem=2999 at it. ????

let me know if this helps biggrin.gif

Guest sincro77

Hey Lauren

re:legacy kernel.

1 What vid card are you usung.?oh 4350.... ok

2 What framebuffer "" .. are you plugging in 2 monitors or trying both ports?

3 What version of Chameleon"""""?

if i know those things i could help a bit more..

I THINK (hope) THE ANSWER IS SOMETHING TO DO WITH #3 (chamelon version)

ttys

ps..

When you saw "device in slot 1 " you were almost there.

I dont think you need evoenabler and it might conflict with things...

new chameleon versions do 99% of the work.

mixing with older solutions might cause problems..

I would assume all you need is:

1 correct bios settings

2 Graphics Enabler = Yes in (boot.com.plist)

3 device ids inserted into kexts and permissions repaired

for my 4650 its just the 4600.kext and x2000 edited ... and thebundles untouched..and

correct boot.com.plist. repair and rebuild. Done.

Look at my attached screenshot of my system profiler info : on post#102 on the radeon 4650 thread here.youll see what kext are loaded.

did you try gpuz..dump video bios to file...rename to 4350.bios put in e/e

that was before chameleon did that automatically ..you see..

lemme know whatsup...

77 smile.gif

hey smile.gif

\

maybe try......?

1-Remove applecpupowermanagement kext.

or does that cause some other problem?

2 -Delete sleepenabler.kext? install dsdt ? copy dsdt from leopard on same machine...?

3-What about the kernel you are using,......

try the legacy kernel from here ...http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=640

well thats for 10.6.7 the other legacy kernels are easy to find too.

\

4 delete all the caches ... dont rebuild it with utility ...boot into safemode -x

5- try throwing -f -v -s -x maxmem=2999 at it. ????

let me know if this helps biggrin.gif

Guest sincro77

Great Lauren,

I had a "strong: feeling that it was the chameleon version..

Glad I was right...forr your sake..

cheers to success!!!!

77 :thumbsup_anim:

Hey Lauren

re:legacy kernel.

1 What vid card are you usung.?oh 4350.... ok

2 What framebuffer "" .. are you plugging in 2 monitors or trying both ports?

3 What version of Chameleon"""""?

if i know those things i could help a bit more..

I THINK (hope) THE ANSWER IS SOMETHING TO DO WITH #3 (chamelon version)

ttys

ps..

When you saw "device in slot 1 " you were almost there.

I dont think you need evoenabler and it might conflict with things...

new chameleon versions do 99% of the work.

mixing with older solutions might cause problems..

I would assume all you need is:

1 correct bios settings

2 Graphics Enabler = Yes in (boot.com.plist)

3 device ids inserted into kexts and permissions repaired

for my 4650 its just the 4600.kext and x2000 edited ... and thebundles untouched..and

correct boot.com.plist. repair and rebuild. Done.

Look at my attached screenshot of my system profiler info : on post#102 on the radeon 4650 thread here.youll see what kext are loaded.

did you try gpuz..dump video bios to file...rename to 4350.bios put in e/e

that was before chameleon did that automatically ..you see..

lemme know whatsup...

77 smile.gif