Dell Precision M6400 OSX Lion

49 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

has anybody successfully boot the lion-installer (DP1 - DP4) on a Dell Precision M6400?

I am trying to boot but it hangs always on "Mac Framework successfully initialized"

On my machine OSX 10.6.7 works like a charm. All parts works great (Network, wireless, sound, video, bluetooth, etc..)

The Extra folder from Snow Leopard don't work with Lion.

if i find a way to boot lion successfully i will post it here, or if someone have some useful tips please reply.

Thanks

makcode

• 1 month later...

I got to some dnmon or some message. Don't have my M6400 in front of me. Kept hanging on the PCI Configuration. To date modified my USB stick to include:

My 10.6.7 AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext files in place of theirs.

Changed arch=i386 in com.apple.Boot.plist to arch=x86_64

That got me to the point I'm at now of course when I tried searching for where mine hung when I had it in front of me search returned nothing anywhere. Guess it's to young of an update.

Only other things I have on tap that haven't tried is deleting the SleepEnabler.kext file and adding the ATY_Init.kext in System/Library/Extensions

Seen the above items in other threads and each one gets me a little further. Never could get 10.6.8 to work. Kept spinning on the apple logo however some say 10.7 installs easier in a lot of cases.

JR

Picked a different method to install. Hung at the PCI configuration point, and when I replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext files with my 10.6.7 ones it installed successfully. Of course installation and booting are two different things. Complained that there were missing methods in both of the kext files I used to replace the 10.7 ones. Can't understand how so many people say to replace these to files but no one else mentions this problem. I have another thread that talks about the specific errors but no responses.

JR

Picked a different method to install. Hung at the PCI configuration point, and when I replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext files with my 10.6.7 ones it installed successfully. Of course installation and booting are two different things. Complained that there were missing methods in both of the kext files I used to replace the 10.7 ones. Can't understand how so many people say to replace these to files but no one else mentions this problem. I have another thread that talks about the specific errors but no responses.

JR

I am writing this from my m6400 with Lion :wacko:, had to mix two different methods and improvise.

I created an install USB key following Maldon's method, but then I got stuck at pci with the installer, tried different combinations of parameters in com.apple.plist but could never get the installer to start.

Integrated Maldon's method with the instructions for the inspiron 1720/1520 at tonymac:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=26283

starting after the creation of the usb drive (same as maldon) and avoiding the parts relative to the 1720 specific drivers and dsdts. I think what got me past the install hang was including IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in the /Extra/Extensions folder on the usb key

Once installed (had to use external usb keyboard and mouse, no VoodooPS2Controller) I followed the procedure that replaced AppleACPIPlatform and IOPciFamily with 10.6.8 versions and after booting once from the chameleon on the usb key I was able to install chameleon on the main drive and boot from there, fulll QE/CI, bluetooth and firewire recognized, having problems with the network card, the AppleBCM5701 from Snow Leopard isn't loading , at the moment I'm using wireless(dell 1510, not the stock intel 3945 that the pc came with)

at the moment it looks like the graphics card is always at maximum clock (gpu diode at 56 degrees), except for that and the network card everyting is working :

audio (from Snow leopard kext, AppleHDA and HDAEnabler)

touchpad (Snow Leo VoodooPS2Controller)

webcam

Usb

DVD writer

I attached my running Extra folder, maybe it can be of help

Extra.zip

Mattia

Ok, looks like network is working too :)

Thanks to adlan here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=247470 that got fed up by hex editing the old AppleBCM5701 driver and ported a real driver from Linux.

Had to add the pci id of my card (14e4:1680) Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5761e Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 10) in the Info.plist file, driver loaded in 10.7, no complaints, card was recognized , DHCP works, web browsing works, just copied a 8GB file over the net and no kp, so I would say the kext is working :)

Looking at this page: http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_n...mine_driver.php

I think the driver _SHOULD_ work for all the chips tagged ad Nextreme/Desktop/Mobile, but YMMV

Device ID Part # Model

1600 BCM5752 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1601 BCM5752M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

160a BCM5761E NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1646 BCM5702 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1653 BCM5705 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1654 BCM5705 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

165d BCM5705M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

165e BCM5705M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1672 BCM5754M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1673 BCM5755M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1674 BCM5756ME NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1677 BCM5751 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

167a BCM5754 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

167b BCM5755 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

167d BCM5751M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1680 BCM5761E NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1681 BCM5761 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1684 BCM5764 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1690 BCM57760 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1696 BCM5782 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

16b0 BCM57761 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

16b4 BCM57765 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

16c7 BCM5703 NetXtreme Server

16f7 BCM5753 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

16fd BCM5753M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

16fe BCM5753F NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

The guys writing on this forum always surprise me with the amount of time and effort they put into the hobby :blink:

Here's the modified version of the kext

BCM5722D.zip

• Like 1

Ok, looks like network is working too :P

Thanks to adlan here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=247470 that got fed up by hex editing the old AppleBCM5701 driver and ported a real driver from Linux.

Had to add the pci id of my card (14e4:1680) Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5761e Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 10) in the Info.plist file, driver loaded in 10.7, no complaints, card was recognized , DHCP works, web browsing works, just copied a 8GB file over the net and no kp, so I would say the kext is working :)

Looking at this page: http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_n...mine_driver.php

I think the driver _SHOULD_ work for all the chips tagged ad Nextreme/Desktop/Mobile, but YMMV

Device ID Part # Model

1600 BCM5752 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1601 BCM5752M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

160a BCM5761E NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1646 BCM5702 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1653 BCM5705 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1654 BCM5705 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

165d BCM5705M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

165e BCM5705M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1672 BCM5754M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1673 BCM5755M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1674 BCM5756ME NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1677 BCM5751 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

167a BCM5754 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

167b BCM5755 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

167d BCM5751M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1680 BCM5761E NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1681 BCM5761 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1684 BCM5764 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1690 BCM57760 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

1696 BCM5782 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

16b0 BCM57761 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

16b4 BCM57765 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

16c7 BCM5703 NetXtreme Server

16f7 BCM5753 NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

16fd BCM5753M NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

16fe BCM5753F NetXtreme Desktop/Mobile

The guys writing on this forum always surprise me with the amount of time and effort they put into the hobby :)

Here's the modified version of the kext

BCM5722D.zip

I have added the pci id for the BCM5761e to the latest version of the driver (thank git and open source), that has a couple of small fixes (full duplex instead of half duplex, interface can be brought up and down without kp) and recompiled, now when the driver is loaded the card is recognized properly

Aug  7 10:00:27 Matt-Lion-M6400 kernel[0]: BCM5722D (Build date/time: Aug  7 2011 09:57:11)
Aug  7 10:00:27 Matt-Lion-M6400 kernel[0]: BCM5722D (resetAdapter:145): 4B657654 to B49A89AB in 0 iterations
Aug  7 10:00:27 Matt-Lion-M6400 kernel[0]: my_name_adlan_BCM5722D: Model: BCM5761e NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet
Aug  7 10:00:27 Matt-Lion-M6400 kernel[0]: BCM5722D (setPowerState:84): Changing power state from 1 to 0
Aug  7 10:00:27 Matt-Lion-M6400 kernel[0]: my_name_adlan_BCM5722D: Loaded successfully
Aug  7 10:00:27 Matt-Lion-M6400 kernel[0]: my_name_adlan_BCM5722D: Ethernet address 00:21:70:8a:8e:cb
Aug  7 10:00:27 Matt-Lion-M6400 kernel[0]: en1: attached with 6 suspended link-layer multicast membership(s)

The only problem I've noticed so far is that it doesn't handle well cable disconnect/reconnect, and the network cable must be connected before loading the kext otherwise it won't be able to get an ip address (the kext must be reloaded to be able to successfully get an ip)

Transfer rates are great, no problem with huge amounts of data (transferred something around 100GB with no slow downs )

Here's the new version of the kext

BCM5722D.zip

Have fun

Mattia

Nice Mattia,

Were you on 10.6.8 or 10.6.7 when you went to Lion? I haven't been able to get Lion to successfully boot after updating even with in my case using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Not sure if it's Necessary or not but am going to give your process a try as soon as I try one more thing to initially get this guy running on 10.6.8 first.

Thanks.

JR

Nice Mattia,

Were you on 10.6.8 or 10.6.7 when you went to Lion? I haven't been able to get Lion to successfully boot after updating even with in my case using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Not sure if it's Necessary or not but am going to give your process a try as soon as I try one more thing to initially get this guy running on 10.6.8 first.

Thanks.

JR

Hi, I was on 10.6.7, couldn't boot in 10.6.8 either with the standard kernel or the tea one with or without a dsdt file, with GraphicsEnabler enabled or disabled, tried every combination of settings I could think of ....

The procedure I followed, after completing the installatoin, had me boot again from the usb drive and copy some kexts from the zip package included with the guide, I also copied IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector from the extra folder on the usb key

Regards

Hi, I was on 10.6.7, couldn't boot in 10.6.8 either with the standard kernel or the tea one with or without a dsdt file, with GraphicsEnabler enabled or disabled, tried every combination of settings I could think of ....

The procedure I followed, after completing the installatoin, had me boot again from the usb drive and copy some kexts from the zip package included with the guide, I also copied IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector from the extra folder on the usb key

Regards

Thanks for the reply. I am preparing my flash drive right now and doing a restore to my clean 10.6.7 state. I think the time machine restores are the most annoying part. you loose like an hour everytime you screw up restoring things. Guess it's the nature of the beast. Excuse my head scratch. Based on the above you were on 10.6.7 when you went to install Lion?

thanks.

JR

Thanks for the reply. I am preparing my flash drive right now and doing a restore to my clean 10.6.7 state. I think the time machine restores are the most annoying part. you loose like an hour everytime you screw up restoring things. Guess it's the nature of the beast. Excuse my head scratch. Based on the above you were on 10.6.7 when you went to install Lion?

thanks.

JR

Yes, I was on 10.6.7, cloned my drive to the hd installed in the second hd slot, installed Lion over it, followed the adapted procedure and booted (after some attempts) in Lion with all my 10.6 apps, without lan and with the impression that the Nvidia card is running slightly hotter than in 10.6 .

Except for that, and with the new lan driver, it looks like everything that was working in 10.6 is working in 10.7 (sleep wasn't working in 10.6 either). The only other thing who broke (so far) is my time machine backup to my (non time capsule) network drive, but that's a known problem with Lion

Regards

OK, so with your guidance and direction was able to get Lion working on my M6400. Only oddity right now is the mouse and keyboard are still not working. I see some things flash by on bootup about <something>.cpp issues with some of the Voodoo kext files. Odd think is I worked on the first bootup. Maybe I was running i386 at the time and it loaded? Going to try the below driver and see if it helps when I get home:

http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1448

Odd part was also the audio didn't work for a boot or two and then suddenly showed up. If I get this all working will combine everything I did to get it working into a single doc. I did upgrade my existing 10.6.7 directly so people's mileage may vary.

By the way, how did you tell that your graphic card was running at full bore all the time? Is yours showing up as a 3700M? I know I went thru some pain to get mine properly recognized and still seems to be showing as the correct card, just not sure if it's burning away. Guessing not as I don't hear the fan going but like to know.

Thanks a bunch!!

JR

OK, so with your guidance and direction was able to get Lion working on my M6400. Only oddity right now is the mouse and keyboard are still not working. I see some things flash by on bootup about <something>.cpp issues with some of the Voodoo kext files. Odd think is I worked on the first bootup. Maybe I was running i386 at the time and it loaded? Going to try the below driver and see if it helps when I get home:

http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1448

Maybe you were/weren't using kext caches. As far as I understand by following the 1720 procedure the current kext utility doe not generate S/L/E cache in the right place so you have to move it manually, don't know whether booting with -f will ignore that cache or not and don't know how to convince Lion to regenerate the cache without kext utility ....

Odd part was also the audio didn't work for a boot or two and then suddenly showed up. If I get this all working will combine everything I did to get it working into a single doc. I did upgrade my existing 10.6.7 directly so people's mileage may vary.

By the way, how did you tell that your graphic card was running at full bore all the time? Is yours showing up as a 3700M? I know I went thru some pain to get mine properly recognized and still seems to be showing as the correct card, just not sure if it's burning away. Guessing not as I don't hear the fan going but like to know.

Thanks a bunch!!

JR

Hmm, empirical measurements ... in istat pro I have the GPU diode temp, when the temp is around 40C the fan is low/silent, then it steps up at 48/50C and then it goes to max when the temp is around 56C, didn't notice an improvement in general use, but the opengl score in cinebench went far up (and also the diode temp ;) )

Regards

OK so the driver I linked to fixed the keyboard and mouse. Only outstanding item is the wired network. I made a lot of mods to my 10.6.7 to get it working and also to get the mac address to work including:

• install kext modded_10.6.3_AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext
  • Extracted 32_64Bit_AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext
  • Replaced original kext in IONetworkingfamily.kext/Contents/Plugins
  • Edited the Info.plist and added the pci string
  • updated ownership

I think I did some other stuff to get it fully working. Right now with your driver I get a connection but get a bogus IP address of 168. something and the mac address shows 0:0:0:0:0 or something like that. Hard to say with the upgrade what the IONetworkingfamily.kext file has in it at this point. I did go back into the AppleBCM5701 and remove the string reference so it wouldn't match to my network card.

JR

OK so the driver I linked to fixed the keyboard and mouse. Only outstanding item is the wired network. I made a lot of mods to my 10.6.7 to get it working and also to get the mac address to work including:

• install kext modded_10.6.3_AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext
  • Extracted 32_64Bit_AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext
  • Replaced original kext in IONetworkingfamily.kext/Contents/Plugins
  • Edited the Info.plist and added the pci string
  • updated ownership

I think I did some other stuff to get it fully working. Right now with your driver I get a connection but get a bogus IP address of 168. something and the mac address shows 0:0:0:0:0 or something like that. Hard to say with the upgrade what the IONetworkingfamily.kext file has in it at this point. I did go back into the AppleBCM5701 and remove the string reference so it wouldn't match to my network card.

JR

It's not my driver, I just added two lines in an include file and recompiled it :D

Hmm, I think it would be better if you reverted to a clean IONetworkingFamily (the one from the usb install will be fine), remove (if any) AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext from S/L/E and install the latest version of BCM5722D I posted in /E/E, then rebuild caches and probably reboot since the vesion of IONetworkingfamily loaded will be wrong.

you should find a log of the BCM5722D driver in /var/log/kernel.log, and if you kextunload/kextload it you should also see the log as the last entry with dmesg

I am writing this from my m6400 with Lion :rolleyes: , had to mix two different methods and improvise.

I created an install USB key following Maldon's method, but then I got stuck at pci with the installer, tried different combinations of parameters in com.apple.plist but could never get the installer to start.

Integrated Maldon's method with the instructions for the inspiron 1720/1520 at tonymac:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=26283

starting after the creation of the usb drive (same as maldon) and avoiding the parts relative to the 1720 specific drivers and dsdts. I think what got me past the install hang was including IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in the /Extra/Extensions folder on the usb key

Once installed (had to use external usb keyboard and mouse, no VoodooPS2Controller) I followed the procedure that replaced AppleACPIPlatform and IOPciFamily with 10.6.8 versions and after booting once from the chameleon on the usb key I was able to install chameleon on the main drive and boot from there, fulll QE/CI, bluetooth and firewire recognized, having problems with the network card, the AppleBCM5701 from Snow Leopard isn't loading , at the moment I'm using wireless(dell 1510, not the stock intel 3945 that the pc came with)

at the moment it looks like the graphics card is always at maximum clock (gpu diode at 56 degrees), except for that and the network card everyting is working :

audio (from Snow leopard kext, AppleHDA and HDAEnabler)

touchpad (Snow Leo VoodooPS2Controller)

webcam

Usb

DVD writer

I attached my running Extra folder, maybe it can be of help

Extra.zip

Mattia

hello,i have faced with the same problem with you. I have installed and boot mac os snow leapard 10.6.7 or 10.6.8 successfully with bootthink 2.4.6 or chameleon. But when i was installing os x 10.7, it showed "still waiting for root device" in verbos mode。

i tried every easy way from google, but it failues. and it seemed to be something wrong with my keyboard。 BUT when I plug in another usb keyboard,it showed above characters again.

my laptop is dell m6400(T9900 ,12G RAM, FX3700)

Would you tell me how you can intalled and boot with mac os lion?

Many thanks to you, my english is very poor,so i don't know if you can understand what i said.

It's not my driver, I just added two lines in an include file and recompiled it :rolleyes:

Hmm, I think it would be better if you reverted to a clean IONetworkingFamily (the one from the usb install will be fine), remove (if any) AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext from S/L/E and install the latest version of BCM5722D I posted in /E/E, then rebuild caches and probably reboot since the vesion of IONetworkingfamily loaded will be wrong.

you should find a log of the BCM5722D driver in /var/log/kernel.log, and if you kextunload/kextload it you should also see the log as the last entry with dmesg

OK so I reverted to the original IONetworking kext and deleted my AppleBCM kext. Accidentally ran the BCM5722D thru the kext installer so it ended up in S/L/E but imagine that's OK. I am still getting no mac address though. Do I need to set it manually thru command line? I know when I did my original driver had to do a combination of mods to the IONetworkingFamily next and also added in the AppleBCM5701 one and then it all worked.

JR

Edit: Found out the mac address is applied, just only if the network cable is inserted which id odd. Probably why you say it doesn't work unless connected on boot. I can remove and put it in again but that's kind of clugy. Wonder if I was to boot without the card and then thru command put in the mac if it would then work without a reboot.

JR

OK so I reverted to the original IONetworking kext and deleted my AppleBCM kext. Accidentally ran the BCM5722D thru the kext installer so it ended up in S/L/E but imagine that's OK. I am still getting no mac address though. Do I need to set it manually thru command line? I know when I did my original driver had to do a combination of mods to the IONetworkingFamily next and also added in the AppleBCM5701 one and then it all worked.

JR

Edit: Found out the mac address is applied, just only if the network cable is inserted which id odd. Probably why you say it doesn't work unless connected on boot. I can remove and put it in again but that's kind of clugy. Wonder if I was to boot without the card and then thru command put in the mac if it would then work without a reboot.

JR

You can also do an ifconfig en0(or 1, or whatever number the network card has been given) down, kextunload /S/L/E/BCM5722D.kext, insert the cable, kextload /S/L/E/BCM5722D.kext, ifconfig enx up, without rebooting.

It's still kludgy but .... better than nothing. Unfortunately the original writer of the driver appears not to have time to follow the osx scene at the moment, as soon as he replies on the driver's thread I'll try to involve him in discovering why it's happening, what can be done to make it work properly

You can also do an ifconfig en0(or 1, or whatever number the network card has been given) down, kextunload /S/L/E/BCM5722D.kext, insert the cable, kextload /S/L/E/BCM5722D.kext, ifconfig enx up, without rebooting.

It's still kludgy but .... better than nothing. Unfortunately the original writer of the driver appears not to have time to follow the osx scene at the moment, as soon as he replies on the driver's thread I'll try to involve him in discovering why it's happening, what can be done to make it work properly

Yeah, that's where I'm at now. Trying to work out a way to apply the mac address on the fly on boot but the need to have root execute it is throwing some things off. The card is almost acting like it's not on during boot if the cable is not found. Don't think there is a bios fix for this. I'm going to have to see in Snow Leopard what it was that made it work in the end for me. I had the same situation where a driver like the one you referenced helped get it working as we see now, but adding a 5701 kext inside the IONetwork kext got the mac address applied on boot without a cable attached. Perhaps I can gleem something from what was done there.

JR

OK so a bit further. I was able to fix the MAC address issue following the below URL. For prosparity sake will paste in the contents with my minor tweak to their instructions.

Source URL: http://gizmolabs.org/~ecronin/w/Main/OSXSetMac

The two files below use launchctl (the new and improved rc/inetd/cron/etc replacement in 10.4) to wait until en0 shows up, and then set the MAC.

/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.gizmolabs.setMAC.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>org.gizmolabs.setMAC</string>

<key>OnDemand</key>

<true/>

<key>ProgramArguments</key>

<array>

<string>/bin/sh</string>

<string>/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.gizmolabs.setMAC/setmac.sh</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>ServiceDescription</key>

<string>Change MAC address of en0</string>

</dict>

</plist>

/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.gizmolabs.setMAC/setmac.sh:

#!/bin/sh

echo "Changing built-in ethernet MAC"

false

while [ $? != 0 ]; do

sleep 5

/sbin/ifconfig en0 lladdr 00:11:22:33:44:55

done

Make sure to set the sh file to chmod 755.

I also tried putting it in the startup scripts which worked but sometimes failed if the timing wasn't right and the card wasn't available yet. This seems to work all the time and only runs until it's set so doesn't keep setting it. Only thing I noticed so far is it seems to set the card to green in the network admin all the time even if it's not connected but the state changes still based on connection or not.

JR

Below is a partial copy of the only errors I'm still getting when starting up in the logs although visually all is well:

- IT87x: found unsupported chip id=0x4680- f718x: Fintek: found unsupported chip ID=0x46 Revision=0x80

- ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::startForReal - waitforservice timed out

- Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-- 174.1.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp at line 2401 goto Exit

-Dubious ownership on file /Library/LaunchAgents/org.voodoo.trackpad.configurationloader.plist

-Dubious file. Not of type .plist /Library/LaunchAgents/Wlan.Software

-The domain/default pair of (com.nvidia.CUDAPref, IgnoreStartupCompatibilityCheck) does not exist

I think some of these are due to the FakeSMC or SuperIOFamily kext files. Not sure if those files do anything useful in this system.

JR

Below is a partial copy of the only errors I'm still getting when starting up in the logs although visually all is well:

- IT87x: found unsupported chip id=0x4680- f718x: Fintek: found unsupported chip ID=0x46 Revision=0x80

- ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::startForReal - waitforservice timed out

- Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-- 174.1.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp at line 2401 goto Exit

-Dubious ownership on file /Library/LaunchAgents/org.voodoo.trackpad.configurationloader.plist

-Dubious file. Not of type .plist /Library/LaunchAgents/Wlan.Software

-The domain/default pair of (com.nvidia.CUDAPref, IgnoreStartupCompatibilityCheck) does not exist

I think some of these are due to the FakeSMC or SuperIOFamily kext files. Not sure if those files do anything useful in this system.

JR

IT87x .. yes, it should be either FakeSMC or superIO trying to detect the fan control (and failing)

Dubious ownership ... try diskutil repairpermissions / .. but since it's not in S/L/E .. don't know whether it will be checked

Anyway, I think they can be ignored

Happy to see that I'm not the only one headstrong enough to keep trying to make it work ... now, if only we could get sleep to work ..... I think it's time to download ubuntu and get a real dsdt to start working on, the dsdt I come up with dsdt patcher will render my system non bootable as soon as I try and add either the various sleep/usb fixes and/or the nvidia recognition parts .... will try and let you know

Have Fun

Thought I did this already but don't see it anymore. Here is my DSDT.aml file that I use and have full graphic support with the 3700. I was getting the impression yours wasn't working or didn't have one already. Do not have any shutdown fixes in here. Never could get it to work and just gave up.

JR

dsdt.zip

Thought I did this already but don't see it anymore. Here is my DSDT.aml file that I use and have full graphic support with the 3700. I was getting the impression yours wasn't working or didn't have one already. Do not have any shutdown fixes in here. Never could get it to work and just gave up.

JR

Thanks JR, your dsdt did the trick for recognizing the nvidia card with Graphicsenabler disabled ... now I'm off experimenting with the sleep ... will let you know

Oh and by the way, if interested I had the mastor of DSDT files create one for me. First couple boots were kind of odd, however now seems OK. I can not reboot, but shutdown still an issue.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1734319

Hmm, weird, reboot has never been a problem for me, only shutdown ... I have tried the dsdt from the other thread but it hangs with Fakesmc complaining that it can't read some keys ... will keep an eye on it nonetheless, the less kexts in /E/E the better

Regards