Someone help me get my sound work?

Art2Fly

4 posts in this topic

Well, I have just finished installing all the nessesary features of my mac osx install. I have working graphics (dual monitor too) working bluetooth, and a working os. However, I cannot get my sound to work. It did indeed work during the installation process with the nawcom cd, but now that i boot within the os, i cant get sound to work. I install VoodooHDA by itself i get kernal panic on reboot. So, i added the AppleHDADisabler, and i didnt get any sound at all.... Its so confusing, can someone help?

Well, It wont help if you/us don't know what kind of Sound Card you have. Use a program like "Hardware Info" or look up your computer model on the internet. If nothing turns up, boot into windows and google how to get you Vendor ID and Device ID from "Device Manager" for your Sound Card.

Thank you,

I figured it out via trial and error. I loaded up [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and installed every version of voodoohda (one at a time boot and check) untill one worked.