iPad - Writing Replies Problem

8 posts in this topic

When I'm reviewing discussions on iPad and want to respond it is next to impossible. Virtual keyboard shows and I can enter the Topic Title and Description but the keyboard doesn't show when I try to type the post section!?

After trying to press any visible object on the form, I found out that if I prepare text in Notes or Pages apps, copy it, I can paste it into Post section after somehow selecting Post area (after number of taps that I am not sure I can repeat).

Is it something I don't know how to do it or there is an incompatibility with iPad?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Only fast reply works for me. This is another reason why apple screwed up in the ipad department next to their hubris about flash not neccessary..

You can also add reply and then edit it using quick edit!

Are you sure this is a problem related to Flush? I would understand if it works, or doesn't, consistently.

But only on this site in some cases it works and in some other it doesn't. It looks to me it is a site configuration issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Fast reply works fine on the forums but no such option when replying to private messages. So can not use my iphone or ipad to reply to private messages meaning I am forced to boot my laptop up if I need to reply. Not exactly convenient.

Mods is this somthing that can be fixed to make pms work the same as quick edit or fast reply?

We have an update in the pipeline for the entire site, so we'd like to dedicate our limited resources as it is to that project. I'm not sure if the Standard Editor works, but you can take a look in the My Controls to enable it. Another option I know someone on our team used was to use another theme such as Insanely Simple, but not sure how well that works. Anyhow, if someone can link to a fix then we can definitely look into applying it :P.

Poco

We have an update in the pipeline for the entire site, so we'd like to dedicate our limited resources as it is to that project. I'm not sure if the Standard Editor works, but you can take a look in the My Controls to enable it. Another option I know someone on our team used was to use another theme such as Insanely Simple, but not sure how well that works. Anyhow, if someone can link to a fix then we can definitely look into applying it ;).

Poco

Poco many thanks for your quick reply. I tried what you suggested and it worked perfectly, I changed the board settings to standard editor, closed the forum on my ipad/iphone and then reloaded and tried to reply to a pm and now I can type in the reply field absolutely fine. Fantastic, thank you for such a simple solution ;)

We have an update in the pipeline for the entire site, so we'd like to dedicate our limited resources as it is to that project. I'm not sure if the Standard Editor works, but you can take a look in the My Controls to enable it. Another option I know someone on our team used was to use another theme such as Insanely Simple, but not sure how well that works. Anyhow, if someone can link to a fix then we can definitely look into applying it :).

Poco

Poco,

Huge step for Insanely "Mac-kind"!!!

(to paraphrase the first astronaut on the Moon)

I use my iPad extensively for InsanelyMac forum. iPad is always on even when my Hackintosh is failing to boot or get to the network, among other things. Not being able to reply or post messages was quite inconvenient not mention somewhat embarrassing for all of us in InsanelyMac community.

Thanks so much for the help!