HDD not detected

2 posts in this topic

I'm using Hazard Leo and after quite a while, and quite a bit of googling I have the right arguments required to boot Hazard on my PC, however, the HD is completely undetected by Disk Utility - Any suggestions? Also, I'm new to Mac on PC, I've got a MacBook Air which I bought last weekend and I like the Mac UI, so I'm trying to get Mac on my PC, as you may know, MacBook Air isn't very powerful, so that's the other reason I'm trying to get this on my PC. I'm quite experienced with Windows and Linux (Fedora and Ubuntu) and I know Mac OS X is a port of something UNIX related ;P I forgot what it was.

I'm quite new to Mac "hacking" so threat the no0b with respect, I'm gonna try and learn as I go, but I can't learn much if I can't get it installed ;)

Anyway, my specs are:

i5 650 (2 cores, technically 4 because I have hyper threading on - note, it won't boot if I don't set "cpus=1" as a boot argument, note - It also won't boot if I don't set arch to 32, i386.

Hard drive, the important bit... I assume. WDEARS, the above arguments are all I am using, I can't think of any that could affect weather the HD is detected or not.

RAM: 4GB DDR3

Mobo: ASRock P55DE3

Video card: nVidia GTS 250

--

I've listed what I think is important, all the other things like Network card, I'll do later ;) - If you *need* another spec, just ask.

Just to confirm my problem, Disk Utility doesn't detect my Hard Drive, it *does* detect my USB which I conveniently had plugged in.

Darkedge.