Intel GMA 4500M with Lion?

c0nvexity155

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I unfortunately have the Intel GMA 4500M card, and I would like full resolution (1280x800) on my Mac OS X Lion installation. I know that QE/CI is not supported, so I just want full resolution. Is there a kext I could use or something? Thanks in advance! :(

You can try to get full resolution by searching for "4500M" on Kexts.com. There are none for Lion, but you can try.

I got a buddy with this card and he keeps asking me to look and see if someone got QE/CI working on it. Sadly, apple never used this card so it will be quite difficult to get those working (or impossible. Maybe someone can use the FreeBSD drivers and mod 'em).

• 2 weeks later...
You can try to get full resolution by searching for "4500M" on Kexts.com. There are none for Lion, but you can try. I got a buddy with this card and he keeps asking me to look and see if someone got QE/CI working on it. Sadly, apple never used this card so it will be quite difficult to get those working (or impossible. Maybe someone can use the FreeBSD drivers and mod 'em).

You can use X3100 kext.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It ain't slow - but some apps won't work properly, or at all. But for the usual stuff - perfectly. I need my PC mostly for work, browsing, and movies. Here's how it has to be:

Work (web design, & photo edit) - Adobe Photoshop - works perfectly on Lion 10.7.3 without QE/CI

Browsing (usual stuff including ocassional videos on Youtube) - works Ok on Lion 10.7.3, can't watch very long vids

Movies - Win 7 Ultimate.

So, YES, you can use os X without QE/CI, it's not really cool when you want to watch a movie, though.

My next PC will be either an iMac, or a good 100% compatible hackintosh ;)