What iAtkos should I use?

ÅÄÖ

7 posts in this topic

What iAtkos version would you suggest for a HP/Compaq DC 7800 Desktop PC?

System Specs:

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz

RAM: 4,00 GB

Network Card: Intel® 82366DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection

Graphics Card: Intel® Q35 Express Chipset Family

EDIT: Sorry, I actually had a DC 7800 PC. I wrote the wrong model number.

Well, I've had some successful installs with iAtkos V7, but if you're running intel, you should try the iAtkos S3 for intel. Either way, you should check the packaged contents for supported drivers/hardware, that should make your decision easier. May not even be iAtkos you need. I had to use Hazard for Snow Leopard, but I am an AMD user as well.

I have read countless times "what is the best distro", but very rarely a question like yours.

The best iAtkos? It has to be the latest release, else why bother?

Why does it have to be iAtkos? What about other distros? And what about retail?

I have read countless times "what is the best distro", but very rarely a question like yours.

The best iAtkos? It has to be the latest release, else why bother?

Why does it have to be iAtkos? What about other distros? And what about retail?

Because I have relied to iAtkos all the time.

On my laptop for example, the bad thing is that I can´t connect to the Internet with it. (Well, that´s a kinda good reason NOT to rely on iAtkos, but what I mean is because it´s always is successful while installing the rest of Mac OS X)

Therefore, I´d like to install it on a Desktop PC.

But of course I can try with other distros, but the only I know is iAtkos and iDeneb.

But of course I can try with other distros, but the only I know is iAtkos and iDeneb.

iDeneb hasn't released any Snow Leopard version. And then there is of course Snow Leopard by Hazard.

But again, if your favourite distro is iAtkos , the best version has to be the latest release, where you'll find the latest updates by OSx86 developers. Else why release?

If, on the other hand, you are looking for some magic solution where everything works out of the box, you should buy a Mac.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure it helps as not exactly the same as yours but I had the same problem with my HP DC7900. The fix in my case was to install a supported graphics card, an ATI HD 5670. I used iAtkos S3 then update to 10.6.7. It was not immediately obvious when running in verbose mode that it was the graphics card, but I figured it would not hurt and certainly improved windows performance.