janek202

Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

681 posts in this topic

Beside looking for the guide on how to install Chameleon on a real mac, does anyone know if this will work?

Hi BogMan, do not use Chameleon on real Macs. It's not working and not designed for real Macs, only for PCs to run Mac OS X. It may screw up your system/booting completely. Stay away from Chameleon on your real MacMini.

Try googling on methods how to install Windows etc. on real Mac via some boot CD or USB perhaps. This thread is not for such use.

Advertisement

Hello janek202, hope you are well. It seems Chameleon keeps going and Yosemite is supported, so we would really like you to keep supporting this excellent tool. On my Z87N-WIFI board, I have tried Clover but it kept messing with my CMOS settigns etc. so I reverted to Chameleon, safely and securely... And I am sure I am not the only one using Chameleon on Yosemite, mate!

There seems to be a new feature "ShowInfo" that I am kindly requesting you to add to the first left column of the plist options (Boot flags):

<key>ShowInfo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thank you dude, appreciate your support. Let me help you expand on the (?) too if you want.

Hi, do the source file of your Utility available to the public? and if yes, in what license mode? 

Many thanks.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By marzib
      I'm trying to upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra. My Sierra is working and booting great with the latest Clover 5.0 r5115, but when trying to upgrade to High Sierra, any time the computer reboots into the installer, it gets stuck at the line "Start ReadKernelCache". The screenshot is attached. I've tried the following troubleshooting steps that I've read in other similar posts, none of which worked. It always remains stuck at that line:

Boot with UseKernelCache=No and/or -x and or -f Temporarily remove discrete graphics card and try to install with integrated graphics Add MATS to the Drop Tables list in Clover Configurator Look for an option similar to "Above 4G Encoding". My motherboard doesn't seem to have that. Try a bootable USB drive with the High Sierra installer instead of the App Store mechanism. The USB boots great, and I can initiate the installation, but upon reboot, I get the same issue trying to boot into the installer.   Disable integrated graphics in the motherboard's BIOS    
      Below are my system details. It seems like it should be possible, based on this post, to run High Sierra with this motherboard and CPU, but I can't get the installer to run. 
      Thanks for any help!

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
      CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
      Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 
      Clover: 5.0 r5115 with basically no mods from the default ISO aside from enabling APFS driver

• By tlefko
      Description
      This esentially an ultra-simplistic version that is stable without the use of a deploy or complicated file installations and copies. Highly recommend using DW1560 wifi card, killer wifi isn't supported. This does include a copy of Clover, which of course I take no credit for. I am only responsible for minor changes in files and plists, as well as placement and instructions throughout the guide (as well as the work used from previous projects). Many files and ideas are sourced from @maz-1, @syscl, and my previous guides Granted, many files are similar or the same but there is significantly less of them and/or they are predeployed into spots where they will work just as well, even if not as efficient on bootup. Esentially, this guide is designed to provide a perfectly working setup with little knowledge of the topic and without optimization (because often they can break things). Most patches on the main plist use patches implemented by him as well. ****This guide does work excellently however and will provide you with a near perfect setup for Catalina for your XPS 9350, and is currently my daily driver as I struggled using the referenced users files as well.
      Styling
      This guide is designed to be literally as thorough as possible to appeal to those who really don't understand many of the things in @maz-1's guide or some of the other users as they assume you would already understand this information. It does not cover complex topics like undervolting etc etc Notes
      Never tested USB C except for charging, works great no issues with sleep, wakeup. power management is defaulted as I found with @maz-1 it had issues when on battery switching from AC USB devices eject on sleep (not really an issue) Haven't implemented a Bluetooth solution into this yet, as I don't really use it -- will be added ASAP (I believe KILLER WIFI will NOT work, must use one of the supported chipsets (DW1560 is excellent) BIOS Setup
      Set all SATA operation as AHCI Disable Secure Boot, Fast Boot For Coil Whine improvement disable C-States Enable UEFI Booting Recommended: Clean Install (Preinstall steps)
      Format a USB (16GB) as Journaled and then proceed to download the latest Catalina Installer Patcher Application Download the latest Catalina installer from within the Patcher App, and select to download a new copy and install to your USB device Download the clover configurator application and mount the EFI of the USB partition, then copy the contents of the Files linked above to the EFI Folder within the EFI partition. ** This is because the App Store installers will often not download a full installer, just an truncated version that downloads the installer files from the interent while installing. Thus, they're not bootable from a USB as they're not complete. That is why you should use this method to make sure the installer is usable for bootable media.
      Install Steps
      Simply use F12 to boot from the USB device, and select the USB Device and then boot from the Install mac OS partition. I have defaulted the installer to boot into verbose mode so I can easily see the errors you guys are seeing if you encounter them. If everything goes well, you can disable these from the boot arguments selection of Clover Configurator Boot into the USB Device, and follow the steps to format your SSD from the installer to install Mac OS Catalina. NOTE THE TRACKPAD WILL NOT FUNCTION AT THIS POINT, BUT THE TOUCHSCREEN WILL. This is caused by the way the installer handles Kext loading but because the touchscreen is being loaded via usb and the keyboard in a different method (which I can explain in detail if you'd like, the install will be possible. Do not be alarmed if the installer takes a long time to boot into, this is expected Once you have done this step, use F12 to select the USB and boot into the installer from the SSD in the options menu. (you cannot boot natively yet as the EFI isn't copied into the SSD yet. Setup computer as normal, touchpad, brightness, etc, should all be functioning at this point. Same with wifi. Then, you should using Clover configurator copy the contents of the USB EFI into the EFI folder of your SSD EFI partition (in the folder) Now we will add this as a native boot option. Setup computer as normal, touchpad, brightness, etc, should all be functioning at this point. Same with wifi. Then, you should using Clover configurator copy the contents of the USB EFI into the EFI folder of your SSD EFI partition (in the folder) Now will we add this as a boot entry so you can always boot from this natively without the USB. Boot Entry Setup
      Boot into the BIOS of the computer, then navigate to the Boot setup (or entries (not sure what it is called exactly, but it will be a list of the options your computer selects to boot) Click add new, and make sure the USB isn't plugged in. Select the only option that is avaiable, and in FS0 navigate to Boot/BOOTx64. Add this as an entry, then select this as whatever priority you would like. Credits
      Credit Hackintosher.com for basic patches (although @syscl) covered some Credit to @Rehabman Credit to @syscl Kexts, and his contributers (@maz-1) Messages and Facetime
      Using Clover Configuator generate your own Serials, Board Numbers, MLB There are various guides online to do this and as default they're set to essentially Null (Fakeserial) This is fairly straightforward and there is lots of documentation, just don't open these apps until you've done this properly. Finished!
      Congratulations, there really aren't any more steps that are required. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Files can be downloaded here, and issues and help requests can be said here or opened into the GitHub page. Please @ me for a faster response on this page, as I am not that attentive, also, feel free to PM me.  Github: https://github.com/tlefko/XPS13-9350-Catalina Thanks for reading! Files.zip
    • By tlac
      Simple steps to create macOS Installer for Vmware on Linux or Windows

This guide describes how you can create a Vmware image (vmdk) for installing macOS in Vmware. Most tutorials about this topic require an ISO installer file that was typically created in macOS or you have to download some preinstalled image file from unknown source. None of them are ideal. But if you follow the steps below, you will not need to access macOS and will use official and trusted sources.

First of all download gibMacOS from here and set up
      https://github.com/corpnewt/gibMacOS
        Run the script to download the full macOS installer:
      on Linux: gibMacOS.command on Windows: gibMacOS.bat  
      Install qemu-img converter

on Linux (Debian or Ubuntu):
      install qemu-tools package

on Windows use this installer:
      https://qemu.weilnetz.de/w64/
      when you run the installer, it is enough to select the "tools" and "dll library".

Convert the downloaded BaseSystem.dmg to Vmware image
      run the following commmand in that directory where BaseSystem.dmg was downloaded (somewhere here: gibMacOS-master/macOS Downloads/publicrelease/061-44387 - 10.15.3 macOS Catalina)
      on Linux:
      qemu-img convert -O vmdk -o compat6 BaseSystem.dmg recovery.vmdk on Windows:
      c:\"Program Files"\qemu\qemu-img convert -O vmdk -o compat6 BaseSystem.dmg recovery.vmdk  
      Use the previously created image to install macOS in Vmware

I assume you have a patched and working Vmware already. If not, find another guide but in nutshell:
      - confirm the VT-x is supported on your Intel machine (if you are on AMD you may not able to virtualize macOS or you need to do more work)
      - install VMware Workstation or VMware Workstation Player (free for non-commercial use)
      - use an unlocker to patch the Vmware to support macOS guest
       currently this works well: https://github.com/BDisp/unlocker/

So when you are here you have a patched Vmware and a Vmware image (recovery.vmdk).
      Run Vmware and create a new virtual machine by choosing macOS guest. But add another hard disk as well with selecting to use an existing virtual disk. Browse the recovery.vmdk. You will get a warning about the image is not in the latest format but choose to keep the existing format.
      After you installed the macOS, install the vmware tools as well.

Tested on Windows 10 with macOS Catalina 10.15.3 in Vmware 15.5 Player

Comments are welcome.