janek202

Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

681 posts in this topic

Beside looking for the guide on how to install Chameleon on a real mac, does anyone know if this will work?

Hi BogMan, do not use Chameleon on real Macs. It's not working and not designed for real Macs, only for PCs to run Mac OS X. It may screw up your system/booting completely. Stay away from Chameleon on your real MacMini.

Try googling on methods how to install Windows etc. on real Mac via some boot CD or USB perhaps. This thread is not for such use.

Advertisement

Hello janek202, hope you are well. It seems Chameleon keeps going and Yosemite is supported, so we would really like you to keep supporting this excellent tool. On my Z87N-WIFI board, I have tried Clover but it kept messing with my CMOS settigns etc. so I reverted to Chameleon, safely and securely... And I am sure I am not the only one using Chameleon on Yosemite, mate!

There seems to be a new feature "ShowInfo" that I am kindly requesting you to add to the first left column of the plist options (Boot flags):

<key>ShowInfo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thank you dude, appreciate your support. Let me help you expand on the (?) too if you want.

Hi, do the source file of your Utility available to the public? and if yes, in what license mode? 

Many thanks.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By ITzTravelInTime
      Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:

The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.

This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides to you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the steps needed with every other app.

TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac.

Features:
      - Simple-to-use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process.
      - It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers).
      - You can use any erasable volume that is at least 7 GB of size (10+gb if you use catalina or newer versions, if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will re-format it accordingly).
      - Can work with the Mac OS recovery system, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery partition, and you can use TINU to install macOS, too.
      - 100% clean: The bootable macOS installers created with this tool are vanilla, just as if you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in Terminal.
      - Open Source: You can verify what this program does on your computer and you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code.
      - Does not require any special preparations. Just open the program, make sure you have a USB drive plugged in and have a macOS installer app on your disk.
      - No need to use Disk Utility. TINU can format your drive or partition for you.
      - Integrated EFI partition mounter tool.
      - Autaomated Open Core and clover EFI folder isntaller
      - Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without requiring an update.

Features that are planned for future versions:
      - Support for other languages, at least Italian.

# Requirements:
      - A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer).
      - A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer.
      - A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive on your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media).

Download:
      https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases

Frequently asked questions:
      https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/wiki/FAQs

Useful links:
      Thread (english) on insanelymac.com:
      - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326959-tinu-the-macos-installer-creator-app-mac-app/
      Thread (italian) on insanelymac.com:
      - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/333261-tinu-app-per-creare-chiavette-di-installazione-di-macos-thread-in-italiano/
      Thread (english-german) on hackintosh-forum.de:
      - https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/33630-TINU/
      Post on Reddit:
      - https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/a1h61d/tinu_vanilla_bootable_macos_installer_creation/
      Facebook hackintosh help and beta testing (Italian only):
      - https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts
      Contact me (project creator):
      - Insanelymac.com profile: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1390153-itztravelintime/
      - email: piecaruso97@gmail.com

Note that:
      - This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license
      - I (project creator) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
      - I (project creator) do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
      - This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be, don't use source code from this project to create apps or software for that aim.
      - This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.

Credits:
      - Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
      - People that helped me a lot:
      Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Peter Paul Chato.   
      - Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
      - Thomas Tempelmann for help with the UI
      - Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project

• By tlefko
      Description
      This esentially an ultra-simplistic version that is stable without the use of a deploy or complicated file installations and copies. Highly recommend using DW1560 wifi card, killer wifi isn't supported. This does include a copy of Clover, which of course I take no credit for. I am only responsible for minor changes in files and plists, as well as placement and instructions throughout the guide (as well as the work used from previous projects). Many files and ideas are sourced from @maz-1, @syscl, and my previous guides Granted, many files are similar or the same but there is significantly less of them and/or they are predeployed into spots where they will work just as well, even if not as efficient on bootup. Esentially, this guide is designed to provide a perfectly working setup with little knowledge of the topic and without optimization (because often they can break things). Most patches on the main plist use patches implemented by him as well. ****This guide does work excellently however and will provide you with a near perfect setup for Catalina for your XPS 9350, and is currently my daily driver as I struggled using the referenced users files as well.
      Styling
      This guide is designed to be literally as thorough as possible to appeal to those who really don't understand many of the things in @maz-1's guide or some of the other users as they assume you would already understand this information. It does not cover complex topics like undervolting etc etc Notes
      Never tested USB C except for charging, works great no issues with sleep, wakeup. power management is defaulted as I found with @maz-1 it had issues when on battery switching from AC USB devices eject on sleep (not really an issue) Haven't implemented a Bluetooth solution into this yet, as I don't really use it -- will be added ASAP (I believe KILLER WIFI will NOT work, must use one of the supported chipsets (DW1560 is excellent) BIOS Setup
      Set all SATA operation as AHCI Disable Secure Boot, Fast Boot For Coil Whine improvement disable C-States Enable UEFI Booting Recommended: Clean Install (Preinstall steps)
      Format a USB (16GB) as Journaled and then proceed to download the latest Catalina Installer Patcher Application Download the latest Catalina installer from within the Patcher App, and select to download a new copy and install to your USB device Download the clover configurator application and mount the EFI of the USB partition, then copy the contents of the Files linked above to the EFI Folder within the EFI partition. ** This is because the App Store installers will often not download a full installer, just an truncated version that downloads the installer files from the interent while installing. Thus, they're not bootable from a USB as they're not complete. That is why you should use this method to make sure the installer is usable for bootable media.
      Install Steps
      Simply use F12 to boot from the USB device, and select the USB Device and then boot from the Install mac OS partition. I have defaulted the installer to boot into verbose mode so I can easily see the errors you guys are seeing if you encounter them. If everything goes well, you can disable these from the boot arguments selection of Clover Configurator Boot into the USB Device, and follow the steps to format your SSD from the installer to install Mac OS Catalina. NOTE THE TRACKPAD WILL NOT FUNCTION AT THIS POINT, BUT THE TOUCHSCREEN WILL. This is caused by the way the installer handles Kext loading but because the touchscreen is being loaded via usb and the keyboard in a different method (which I can explain in detail if you'd like, the install will be possible. Do not be alarmed if the installer takes a long time to boot into, this is expected Once you have done this step, use F12 to select the USB and boot into the installer from the SSD in the options menu. (you cannot boot natively yet as the EFI isn't copied into the SSD yet. Setup computer as normal, touchpad, brightness, etc, should all be functioning at this point. Same with wifi. Then, you should using Clover configurator copy the contents of the USB EFI into the EFI folder of your SSD EFI partition (in the folder) Now we will add this as a native boot option. Setup computer as normal, touchpad, brightness, etc, should all be functioning at this point. Same with wifi. Then, you should using Clover configurator copy the contents of the USB EFI into the EFI folder of your SSD EFI partition (in the folder) Now will we add this as a boot entry so you can always boot from this natively without the USB. Boot Entry Setup
      Boot into the BIOS of the computer, then navigate to the Boot setup (or entries (not sure what it is called exactly, but it will be a list of the options your computer selects to boot) Click add new, and make sure the USB isn't plugged in. Select the only option that is avaiable, and in FS0 navigate to Boot/BOOTx64. Add this as an entry, then select this as whatever priority you would like. Credits
      Credit Hackintosher.com for basic patches (although @syscl) covered some Credit to @Rehabman Credit to @syscl Kexts, and his contributers (@maz-1) Messages and Facetime
      Using Clover Configuator generate your own Serials, Board Numbers, MLB There are various guides online to do this and as default they're set to essentially Null (Fakeserial) This is fairly straightforward and there is lots of documentation, just don't open these apps until you've done this properly. Finished!
      Congratulations, there really aren't any more steps that are required. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Files can be downloaded here, and issues and help requests can be said here or opened into the GitHub page. Please @ me for a faster response on this page, as I am not that attentive, also, feel free to PM me.  Github: https://github.com/tlefko/XPS13-9350-Catalina Thanks for reading! Please checkout our official site -- https://twortech.wixsite.com/pcmac Files.zip
    • By tlefko
      macOS-Mojave-XPS13-9350
      Hello, this is a simple guide to get OS X 10.14 working on any XPS 13 9350 model
      This guide uses files from (@syscl) (albeit edited) and full credit to him for the Deploy.sh and DSDT patches. However, his Clover folder is unbootable with Mojave and thus has been redone.
      However, his Deploy is still retained but edited to remove some DSDT patches that break things on Mojave
      I did my best to keep the guide simple and for the most part it is, it's inteded for the 6200U non iris but should work with others. (credit @syscl)
      Issues
      Wake up via lid is hit or miss (sometimes needs key press) SD Card slot Restarts don't work (endless black screen while turning off but still on) Usage Notes
      USB Devices eject upon sleep (USB Patches via Deploy were major issue) Changing board number via Clover Config doesn't work always unless serial is changed (No idea..) Audio is controlled via VoodooHDA however prefpane is not nessacary. Never tested USB C anything. Charging should be fine however I'm not sure about others, don't personally use it) What Works
      Everything else! Setup Notes
      The new AFPS file system must be used, there is no way to avoid it. Has no noticeable adverse effects except slower boot time It is difficult to repartition AFPS drives and resize them, recommend clean install or you could have one partition smaller than your hard drive that can't be increased unless reformatted Although Volumes will be converted, keep drive as GUID BIOS Settings
      Set all SATA operation as AHCI Disable Secure Boot, Fast Boot For Coil Whine improvement disable C-States Enable UEFI Booting (Disable Legacy if easily confused) Recommended: Clean Install (Preinstall steps)
      Download latest Mojave version from Mac App store (Register AppleID as developer, enroll your mac, download the preview from the link onsite or google for detailed instructions. Make Bootable media (google how or download app to do it, it's just a terminal command) Download the Latest Clover revision (currently using r4568) and install it to your USB as UEFI and ESP (no need for drivers) Copy The contents of this Github repository into your EFI folder on the USB (Mount the EFI Partition via clover config, efi mounter, etc.) (No Boot Folder in EFI) If you have the same XPS Model as me you can use stock ACPI patched files (6200u, hd 520, 3200x1800,) if not delete contents of both folders (origin, patched) and will fix later via @syscls modified deploy) Installing Mojave (Clean Install)
      Boot PC off the USB, select your Installer as your Boot drive from clover menu config is currently set to FAKESERIAL and -v. I believe (@syscl's) deploy generates serial # information Once installer is loaded, go to disk utility and format as a GUID Partition Table with whatever partitions you want (Don't format whole drive to afps make sure it's GUID) Run the Mojave installer to the drive wait for it to finish, then turn off) From Clover, select the name of the Mojave Partition (not preboot, recovery, etc.) and not your USB stick either From here the installation will continue. DO NOT CLICK ON MOUSE OR KEYBOARD (crashes installer shortly after at least for me) Post Install (Clean Install)
      Reboot off your USB once again, load up your Mojave drive. First Boot will take long, if your using my ACPI files (from @sysl's deploy, edited) and have same model you should have everything out of box (except wifi) Regardless, run through the installer and set it all up. (without acpi) At this point screen should be fine, mouse, keyboard, no wifi should be present or bluetooth. No brightness control as well. go to terminal to mount EFI or via clover Config, EFI Mounter, etc, of both USB and the internal disk Copy and REPLACE the EFI folder from the USB into your hard drive. Unplug your USB and reboot and you should be able to boot without the USB now Turn off PC, boot into clover. Don't select a drive and press F4 and Fn+F4 a few times, wait a few seconds, then boot back to the drive Plug back in the USB, mount it's EFI, and run the modified Deploy Script on your Hard Drive EFI partition After deploy is finished, there will be VoodooI2C error as I deleted it from Kexts, for me it breaks Trackpad and Keyboard. For now will be using VoodooPS2. After Modded Deploy
      You should have no Internet at this point, the following next steps should resolve that. However, your Brightness, lidsleep, USB, bluetooth should be working Using your favourite Kext Installer (Put it on a USB or something to get it on the PC), install (credit @Rehabman's) FAKEPCIID and FAKEPCIID_Broadcomm texts that are included in the ManualKexts Folder Then run "Sudo kextcache -i /" from terminal, reboot, then run it again. By this point your wifi should be fixed, and everything should be done Post Install Notes
      Your welcome to transfer whatever other kexts you want to S/L/E, personally I leave them in the CLOVER Folder injected. Doing upgrade via mac app store is similar, just partitioning hard drive is harder. Apart from that same process essentially, not recommended Credits
      Credit Hackintosher.com for basic patches (although @syscl) covered some Credit to @syscl (clearly...) Credit to @Rehabman Credit to @syscl Kexts, and his contributers. ex. Lidwake.kext (although not fully compatible) Support
      Your welcome to open any issues on this thread, I personally have little DSDT knowledge so I will do my best to help! Thanks for Reading!
      - This is a clone from my GitHub, the link to the repository is below with all files

https://github.com/tlefko/macOS-Mojave-XPS13-9350

- I would really like to hear everyone's experience trying this guide so please let me know in the comments how it worked for you, if you plan to try it, etc.

Checkout our official site here https://twortech.wixsite.com/pcmac
    • By marzib
      I'm trying to upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra. My Sierra is working and booting great with the latest Clover 5.0 r5115, but when trying to upgrade to High Sierra, any time the computer reboots into the installer, it gets stuck at the line "Start ReadKernelCache". The screenshot is attached. I've tried the following troubleshooting steps that I've read in other similar posts, none of which worked. It always remains stuck at that line:

Boot with UseKernelCache=No and/or -x and or -f Temporarily remove discrete graphics card and try to install with integrated graphics Add MATS to the Drop Tables list in Clover Configurator Look for an option similar to "Above 4G Encoding". My motherboard doesn't seem to have that. Try a bootable USB drive with the High Sierra installer instead of the App Store mechanism. The USB boots great, and I can initiate the installation, but upon reboot, I get the same issue trying to boot into the installer.   Disable integrated graphics in the motherboard's BIOS    
      Below are my system details. It seems like it should be possible, based on this post, to run High Sierra with this motherboard and CPU, but I can't get the installer to run. 
      Thanks for any help!

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
      CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
      Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 
      Clover: 5.0 r5115 with basically no mods from the default ISO aside from enabling APFS driver