Dell Studio 1558 i3 m330 working under Snow Leopard 10.6.6

Shirosaki

7 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I have been trying a long time to install Snow Leopard on my Dell Studio 1558 and today I succeeded. First i tried iAktos S3 v2, i had some succes but only heard the sound, so after that i decide to give hazard OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.6i.

I booted up with -v busratio=20 and I selected minimal off patches, Voodoo for sound, the Realtek driver for lan ( Dont know if that one works yet ) and the Broadcom fix for WiFi and that one works and further i selected the NTFS patch, but it seems you need buy that software first before you can use it.

For my Ati I selected the Ati framebuffer, but I only got 1024x768 resolution so that only issue i hope to fix that, but havent found any solution yet, I saw somewhere i should boot with ''Graphics Mode''=''1366x768x32''.

And i'm also wondering how i can read ntfs disks without needing pay for that software.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a solution for your display here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=218706

Works great, accept the apple in the top menu turns green.

You can use all the kexts and the DSDT file from that post (download the Final_10.6.6_kexts_R2.zip file in post 36)

I'm trying to get things better for our 1558 laptop but for now almost anything works.

to get NTFS write support you can use this guide:

http://www.hackintosh.nl/handleidingen-tip...en-op-os-x.html (it's in dutch, so use google translate)

Or

http://macntfs-3g.blogspot.com/

Succes!!!!!!

Great thanks for the information, I can overwrite the Linux patition again with osx to test further. So almost all is working even graphic card now? What isnt working then? I didnt think to test card reader, but I only know that I needed create more airflow, but i read the update to 10.6.7 makes fan work better.

But well I do not know how even update to 10.6.7.

Later i'm going install osx again and see the results.

If you have the same graphic card as mine dell studio 1558 (Ati Mobility Radeon 4570) Yes it will.

I've found this solution a few days ago so i haven't test all of it yet but as far is i now the multimedia-keys don't work.

To update to the latest version just use the apple update program. You can find it under system preferences in the dock.

The ntfs worked, but when i installed the Atiframebuffer kext and AplleHDA kext after that i got a kernel panic. To be honest i also not really get how to do the first point in that discription.

''Make sure to add ATI HD4570 device ID 0x95531002 in ATI4600Controller.kext''

But now I would only still need graphic card work, could you try discribe how you installed it? Should i not choose Atiframebuffer during install? And als no voodoohda audio?

I found out how to put device id in that ATI4600Controller.kext and after I did that I install that kext I edited and after that I installed the Atiframebuffer kext, I choosed for new one.

I did what read me said en after that I rebooted and then i get stuck in a endless booting, i dont get into the gui at all and certain point their is no progress anymore.

How did you get the Ati Radeon HD 4570 working? I tried to follow that guide but it didnt work, are there things I missed? I just installed that kext and followed the intructions and did what i needed to do in the terminal.