[Solved] Bootloader Snow Leopard 10.6.7

kenny72

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I managed to install snow leopard 10.6.7 on Acer Aspire 5685wmli with Efi Empire 1085v , which Bootloader or PcEfi should I use to boot from HD Snow Leo 10.6.7 without having to always use the boot cd? Thanks to whoever answers me!

Hello everyone, I managed to install snow leopard 10.6.7 on Acer Aspire 5685wmli with Efi Empire 1085v , which Bootloader or PcEfi should I use to boot from HD Snow Leo 10.6.7 without having to always use the boot cd? Thanks to whoever answers me!

Go to this page: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

Find the link for the pkg: Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r760.zip

While you are booted into SL 10.6.7, run that package.

Note: the boot CD also contains startup kexts. There is a small possibility that without it you won't boot. This is because one of the kexts on the CD needs to be added to your system. In that case, you would need to open the boot CD and find the list of kexts and copy over the necessary one(s).

Go to this page: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

Find the link for the pkg: Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r760.zip

While you are booted into SL 10.6.7, run that package.

Note: the boot CD also contains startup kexts. There is a small possibility that without it you won't boot. This is because one of the kexts on the CD needs to be added to your system. In that case, you would need to open the boot CD and find the list of kexts and copy over the necessary one(s).

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!

Hello, you did exactly as you provided but I installed the boot loader does not start the system from 'hd, so I have to integrate the kext, how do I figure out which kext need? Thank you!

Hello, you did exactly as you provided but I installed the boot loader does not start the system from 'hd, so I have to integrate the kext, how do I figure out which kext need? Thank you!

Boot to the Desktop using the boot CD.

1. Double-click on the boot CD icon to open it.

2. Open the Extra folder and find Preboot.dmg

3. Double-click on Preboot.dmg to open it.

4. Open the Extra/Extensions folder found inside Preboot.dmg

Compare the kexts in that folder to the ones in your own system /Extra/Extensions folder and to any you have in /System/Library/Extensions

Which ever ones you find in the boot CD that you do not have in your system, add those to your /Extra/Extensions folder. Note: if you have an /Extra/Extensions.mkext on your system, it will take precedence over your changes, so you would need to remove or rename the Extensions.mkext (like Extensions.mkext.bak) so it doesn't interfere with your changes.

Boot to the Desktop using the boot CD.

1. Double-click on the boot CD icon to open it.

2. Open the Extra folder and find Preboot.dmg

3. Double-click on Preboot.dmg to open it.

4. Open the Extra/Extensions folder found inside Preboot.dmg

Compare the kexts in that folder to the ones in your own system /Extra/Extensions folder and to any you have in /System/Library/Extensions

Which ever ones you find in the boot CD that you do not have in your system, add those to your /Extra/Extensions folder. Note: if you have an /Extra/Extensions.mkext on your system, it will take precedence over your changes, so you would need to remove or rename the Extensions.mkext (like Extensions.mkext.bak) so it doesn't interfere with your changes.

Thanks so much for the 'help !!!!!

Thanks so much for the 'help !!!!!

Hello rlf, with your help I was able to successfully install all the 'only thing is you do not enable the video of my Nvidia Ge Force Go 7600, essentially you do not enable the native resolution, what do you recommend to use? Thanks again for the great help you gave me!

Hello rlf, with your help I was able to successfully install all the 'only thing is you do not enable the video of my Nvidia Ge Force Go 7600, essentially you do not enable the native resolution, what do you recommend to use? Thanks again for the great help you gave me!

The Go 7600 card has been a difficult card to get working. I'm not sure anyone ever got it fully working and even then it was back in the 2007 and 2008 timeframe.

The simple things to try are the injectors. These are kexts that inject information to hopefully get the card working. You can install them (one at a time, don't mix them) into /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions. Don't forget to fix permissions, caches, etc:

1. nvenabler

2. nvkush

3. natit

4. nvinject

Another thing to try is a special bootloader called AnVal. It claims to support the Go 7600. It replaces Chameleon:

AnVal: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216726

Lastly, there are ways to put video EFI strings into the com.apple.Boot.plist to inject info for the video card. Look up EFITools.

But don't get your hopes up too high on this.

The Go 7600 card has been a difficult card to get working. I'm not sure anyone ever got it fully working and even then it was back in the 2007 and 2008 timeframe.

The simple things to try are the injectors. These are kexts that inject information to hopefully get the card working. You can install them (one at a time, don't mix them) into /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions. Don't forget to fix permissions, caches, etc:

1. nvenabler

2. nvkush

3. natit

4. nvinject

Another thing to try is a special bootloader called AnVal. It claims to support the Go 7600. It replaces Chameleon:

AnVal: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216726

Lastly, there are ways to put video EFI strings into the com.apple.Boot.plist to inject info for the video card. Look up EFITools.

But don't get your hopes up too high on this.

Thanks so much!!!!!