OSX86 Not Starting up.

7 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I have just installed 10.6.7 on my AMD hackintosh. I have installed the 10.6.6 kernel as said on nawcom.com. But, after the first time I booted in, I have had a Blue screen Image right after the apple logo and the spiny wheel. I have even tried arch=i386 but that doesn't even work. At the first boot, I just let it boot not changing anything and it booted perfectly. Now, when I do the same it just gives me a light blue screen. Please help me. My specs will be listed below.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6 GHz

2048MB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory

ECS MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2)

HP Pavilion a6200n

320GB Hard Drive

PS, Thanks in Advance

Hello Everyone,

I have just installed 10.6.7 on my AMD hackintosh. I have installed the 10.6.6 kernel as said on nawcom.com. But, after the first time I booted in, I have had a Blue screen Image right after the apple logo and the spiny wheel. I have even tried arch=i386 but that doesn't even work. At the first boot, I just let it boot not changing anything and it booted perfectly. Now, when I do the same it just gives me a light blue screen. Please help me. My specs will be listed below.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6 GHz

2048MB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory

ECS MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2)

HP Pavilion a6200n

320GB Hard Drive

PS, Thanks in Advance

Try booting with boot flag -v -x. This boots in verbose mode so you can read messages as it boots. It also boots in safe mode so that many potentially bothersome drivers get bypassed. Both of these can give clues to the problem.

Also, you didn't mention what the spec is on your video which may be part of the problem.

Try booting with boot flag -v -x. This boots in verbose mode so you can read messages as it boots. It also boots in safe mode so that many potentially bothersome drivers get bypassed. Both of these can give clues to the problem.

Also, you didn't mention what the spec is on your video which may be part of the problem.

Thanks for the info, I will try it out. By the way, I have a Zotac Nvidia 9500GT 1GB DDR2

Thanks, but it shut down my internet, the resolution is very bad, and I can't go on Safari. Any other way please? Please don't tell me to reinstall cause I've done this to my hackintosh atleast for 6 times. Thanks in Advance everyone

Thanks for the info, I will try it out. By the way, I have a Zotac Nvidia 9500GT 1GB DDR2

Thanks, but it shut down my internet, the resolution is very bad, and I can't go on Safari. Any other way please? Please don't tell me to reinstall cause I've done this to my hackintosh atleast for 6 times. Thanks in Advance everyone

Yes, the -x boot flag was safe mode and was used only as a diagnostic. It proved you really could get to the Desktop and that the blue screen is probably due to your video card. There are a variety of proposed solutions out there. One is to turn on the GraphicsEnabler flag in the file /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist. Another is to add an enabler kext like NVEnabler.kext which you might find at kext.com. You would add it to the folder /Extra/Extensions. The third is to add a special EFI string of characters to the same com.apple.Boot.plist mentioned before. You will need to experiment and learn about each of these. Here is a thread to read to get you started: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=201777

Remember, at the top of each forum page is a search box powered by Google. It will search the forum for postings about various subjects. Try searching on: 9500GT

In the /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist, under Kernel Flags, add the entry: arch=i386

Thanks but none of that worked. I took out my GPU and booted with my integrated chipset:6150SE. Then I booted again this time, but with my GPU in it and it works fine. PS. Can I get how to boot in 64 bit?

PPS: Visit this guy's video: