"You need to reboot your computer"

Thorongil

17 posts in this topic

Hi, folks, used the guide from the wiki to write deadmoos image to a partition, seems good so far, after grey bootup screen, it says "you need to reboot"...

But after reboot, it says that again :lol:

When I boot up using -x it simply reboots :blink:

HW: Acer TM 4001 WLMI Centrino (SSE2 only..)

Any ideas?

Hi, folks, used the guide from the wiki to write deadmoos image to a partition, seems good so far, after grey bootup screen, it says "you need to reboot"...

But after reboot, it says that again  :lol:

When I boot up using -x it simply reboots  :blink:

Any ideas?

I have the same problem on my Ibm T42 Centrino machine.....

Please help us :))

I am having the same problem and here is your requested error log:

Display: family specific matching fails
Kextd[35]: kld_load_from_memory() failed for module /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIDisplay.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIDisplay

Kextd[35]: a link/load error occurred for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIDisplay.kext

Update: I was able to bypass this error but using -x at the Darwin boot option screen.

Hm, found out that I am able to boot with the "-x" switch. However, this means 640*480 VGA resolution :)

This suckz... any ideas, maybe updated graphics drivers - are there?

You can adjust the resolution by booting in with the option -s then follow the commands to edit files.

The file you need to edit is listed here.

Use vim or nano to edit the file.

But after reboot, it says that again  :P

When I boot up using -x it simply reboots  :blink:

Any ideas?

HI, same problem here, i have a Clevo D470K with a A64-3200+ / 1Gb / ATI 9700, the funny is, i had it already running perfectly except the rosseta patches, and i formated the system and istalled it for the 2º time, i got exact the same thing, CPU HALTED error, now the 3rd time, and the same error............... damm

hi, i had opened a topic with a similar problem over here:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=237

no solution, so far, but maybe some insight...

good luck!

Hi, i had this problem, it stopped at cpu halted, and at the 3rd time i was installing i remembered i fotgot at creating new partition with diskpart to give it the size of 6660Mb size, and now it works fine............

Hope it helps