Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mattnanokid

Help getting kexts on HP G62-237

3 posts in this topic

Alright, I've got an HP G62-237 that I just installed iPC 10.5.6 on. This laptop has the intel GMA 4500, so there's no QE/CI. I did get the full resolution working though. Anyway, I've looked at the page Here. I got Ethernet to work, and tried gettting Audio to work. It still doesn't work when using the voodooHDA.kext. Is there anything I can do to get this working? Also, is there a kext to get the wireless internet working? I would like it a lot better if I can sit somewhere besides right next to my router! Anyway, thanks for any help you might have.

Advertisement
Alright, I've got an HP G62-237 that I just installed iPC 10.5.6 on. This laptop has the intel GMA 4500, so there's no QE/CI. I did get the full resolution working though. Anyway, I've looked at the page Here. I got Ethernet to work, and tried gettting Audio to work. It still doesn't work when using the voodooHDA.kext. Is there anything I can do to get this working? Also, is there a kext to get the wireless internet working? I would like it a lot better if I can sit somewhere besides right next to my router! Anyway, thanks for any help you might have.

Try the wireless driver on this page: http://tinyurl.com/ychrd2p

Make sure you get a VoodooHDA that is compatible with 10.5.6 from this page: http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/list

Also, make sure to delete AppleHDA.kext so it doesn't conflict.