Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
fc bayern

Acer 5742g instead of waking from sleep, shuts down when on battery

1 post in this topic

I have a solid hackintosh laptop , Acer 5742g , almost 95% functional, one big problem that boders me is when i put the laptop to sleep.

When on AC power no issues at all, the laptop sleeps and wakes up without problems.

But when on battery, when I put the lappy to sleep and leave it to sleep, lets say for 1 or 2 hours, then when waking from sleep, instead of waking up - it shuts down. When I try to wake up after 5 -10 min after sleep - no problem.

I think that the problem is that Mac OSX doesnt manage or see the battery power correctrly.

I have installed voodobattery 1.3.3 - no KP everyting woks OK, i have the battery icon and the battery power, that part is ok. Also I have calibrated my battery, according to a litle app caleed Watts.

This is so important to me because it is a laptop, it is handy to sleep the lappy and the wake up - instead of turning the system on and off everytime, cuz I'm a heavy user of the sleep.

Here the info from system profiler:

Battery Information:

Model Information:

Serial Number:

Device name:

Charge Information:

Charge below critical level: No

Charge below warning level: No

Charge remaining (mAh): 3586

Fully charged: No

Charging: Yes

Full charge capacity (mAh): 4218

Health Information:

Cycle count: 51

Condition: Normal

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 4293

Voltage (mV): 12406

Maybe some DSDT tweaking is required, any idea?