Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Tyan S2865 nforce4 DSDT Help

2 posts in this topic

hi guys , despite this is my first post here , I have reading here and to other boards for a year and a half until now , trying to install snow on my tyan s2865 motherboard (nforce4 chipset) with amd opteron 185 x2 , as my specs describe.

After a lot of dsdt patching many things have been fixed , even AppleLPC is loaded with dsdt patch and an lpc_injector.kext. The problem is that I can not make the memory modules appear on system profiler , I know that it is cosmetic , but I like cosmetics. I tried many but many bootloaders , smbios.plist with an unpatched applesmbios.kext and gave a shot with patched applesmbios.kext , without success.

Can anyone help to find a patch for my dsdt , in order to see the memory modules? Also I see on my pci cards , my smbus and my memory controller after dsdt patching. Shall I attempt to load the relevant apple kexts? If so , for smbus I have 2 kexts : AppleSmbusController and AppleSmbusPCI.kext , so which one I should try to load. Also for my memory controller , which kext? AppleProfileFamily?

since I have just found the solution about AppleSMBus , there are two kexts : AppleSMBusController and AppleSMBusPCI. After SBus dsdt patching , if you make an SMBusPCI_injector.kect , with your vendor and device id , put it in /Extra/Extensions/ , then the two kexts are loaded.

P.S: Anyone can help for my memories issue. I also tried Lizard among others , without success. :(