• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
DigitALL

iPhone 4 at 4.3.2 (8H7)

3 posts in this topic

Asking for some advice please, I am confused about under what conditions an iPhone can and can not be unlocked or jailbrocken.

I have this iPhone4 that was recently activated with Rogers by someone else and it is currently at version 4.3.2 (8H7), the model is MC605C and modem firmware is 04.10.01

I have bought it and followed the steps on iClarified "How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.3.2]" and after automatically creating the custom f/w and restore it via iTunes, the phone is working but with the sim card inserted, it is not recognized, it shows no provider, no tel number, nothing.

If I restore it to factory, it works fine. I have tried twice to build custom f/w and no go with any of the versions.

Can someone give me a hint or advice please on how to make this phone work with my own f/w so I would be able to use Cydia and other stuff?

Asking for some advice please, I am confused about under what conditions an iPhone can and can not be unlocked or jailbrocken.

I have this iPhone4 that was recently activated with Rogers by someone else and it is currently at version 4.3.2 (8H7), the model is MC605C and modem firmware is 04.10.01

I have bought it and followed the steps on iClarified "How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.3.2]" and after automatically creating the custom f/w and restore it via iTunes, the phone is working but with the sim card inserted, it is not recognized, it shows no provider, no tel number, nothing.

If I restore it to factory, it works fine. I have tried twice to build custom f/w and no go with any of the versions.

Can someone give me a hint or advice please on how to make this phone work with my own f/w so I would be able to use Cydia and other stuff?

Hello you can use Redsn0w c, for both Mac and Windows

Did you enable the 'hacktivate' option while creating custom IPSW file?

Try to change that option and it should work :)