Kernel Mismatch cpu panic error - help please anyone?

davidm71

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

Basically I did a disk utility restore on my mac of SL10.6 onto a usb key and then ran netbook installer 8.4 on the key and then tried to boot the installer on my netbox D525 Atom based and it err'd a 'chipset mismatch'. So I ran the 8.5Pre on top of that and this time it said 'expected two cores' or something error. So I copied the atom mach_kernel 10.62 onto the key (I found it on the forums here) and it booted and installed successfully onto my external hard drive off the netbox. So far so good..

Ok this is where it gets dicey.. tried to reboot onto the external hard drive and it said again 'expecting 2 cores' error. So I copied the 10.62 kernel back onto the external drive. Couldn't find other version all they had was 10.62 - 66. So I rebooted the partition and got 'Kernel cpu mismatch' panic error. Was wondering should I install the combo 10.64 update from my working mac onto the external drive and then use 10.64 atom mach kernel?

Will I have to run Netbookbootinstaller? before or after?

Thanks.

Hi,

Basically I did a disk utility restore on my mac of SL10.6 onto a usb key and then ran netbook installer 8.4 on the key and then tried to boot the installer on my netbox D525 Atom based and it err'd a 'chipset mismatch'. So I ran the 8.5Pre on top of that and this time it said 'expected two cores' or something error. So I copied the atom mach_kernel 10.62 onto the key (I found it on the forums here) and it booted and installed successfully onto my external hard drive off the netbox. So far so good..

Ok this is where it gets dicey.. tried to reboot onto the external hard drive and it said again 'expecting 2 cores' error. So I copied the 10.62 kernel back onto the external drive. Couldn't find other version all they had was 10.62 - 66. So I rebooted the partition and got 'Kernel cpu mismatch' panic error. Was wondering should I install the combo 10.64 update from my working mac onto the external drive and then use 10.64 atom mach kernel?

Will I have to run Netbookbootinstaller? before or after?

Thanks.

Update: Running the 10.64 combo update and replacing the mach_kernel file with the 10.64 atom version I can now boot into safe mode. Hardware profiler says that my gpu is a gma3150 and no kext loaded. Not sure about the wireless or ethernet. Will have to reboot into Debian and run a hardware profiling program.

Thanks