iATKOS s3 help!

11 posts in this topic

Hey all,

So i finally got around to downloading iATKOS S3 and burned it to a dvd [slowly, as recomended] and go to boot from it.

The chameleon pops up on the grey screen and asks to press any key to run iATKOS or fress f8 to run set up.

---i hit f8 because is has yet to be installed.

Now i select the iATKOS dvd from a list of 5 drives (windows, windows recovery, the c:/, the second HD ment only for SL and the DVD)

--- i select the iatkos dvd

then the screen goes completely grey, flashes the apple logo and restarts...

What am i doing wrong? As far as i know all my hardware is compatible.(i7 processor, ati radeon hd 4850 video card, realtek ALC888/1200 audio driver, x58 motherboard...i think, and 6GB RAM)

Any guidance is greatly appreciated

Hey all,

So i finally got around to downloading iATKOS S3 and burned it to a dvd [slowly, as recomended] and go to boot from it.

The chameleon pops up on the grey screen and asks to press any key to run iATKOS or fress f8 to run set up.

---i hit f8 because is has yet to be installed.

Now i select the iATKOS dvd from a list of 5 drives (windows, windows recovery, the c:/, the second HD ment only for SL and the DVD)

--- i select the iatkos dvd

then the screen goes completely grey, flashes the apple logo and restarts...

What am i doing wrong? As far as i know all my hardware is compatible.(i7 processor, ati radeon hd 4850 video card, realtek ALC888/1200 audio driver, x58 motherboard...i think, and 6GB RAM)

Any guidance is greatly appreciated

The dvd doesnt recognise your CPU, happens to all i3/i5/i7 CPUs. At the countdown when you hit f8 type without the quotes "busratio=XX" and then hit enter to start the DVD

Of course you replace the XX with the bus/core ratio of your CPU, mine is an i3-380m with a ratio of 19 so i use "busratio=19", once you've installed snow leopard make sure to add this kernel flag to your boot.plist so you dont have to enter it at every boot. use google to find out your CPUs ratio.

by a certain update, maybe 10.6.5 or 10.6.6 native i5/i7 support is included for some CPUs so you wont need the kernel flag anymore.

i have the same problem, i cant type busratio=18 anywhere because, unlike darwin it doesnt have boot options, it just shows me my HD partitions and there is no way to get boot options for them. can someone please tell me how to put busratio=18 onto it, i have tried f8 and that just gets me no where.

if there isnt a way, can someone tell me how to get root access on a write locked HD, because there was no way for me to fix the kalyway welcome loop :/ i tried everything, even the touch .AppleSetupDone thing

please please please can someone help?

Freddoo are you using iAtkos s3 or Kalyway? I have no experience with the latter so i wouldn't be able to help you, but try the iAtkos distribution if Kalyway is giving you trouble

thats the thing, i used kalyway, gave up so i deleted it. but now i am trying to use iAtkos s3 v2 because a friend said it would work on my laptop as he has the same one, but im supposed to boot it into busratio=18 but there is no way to do that on chameleon (the bootloader on the disk) i have only ever used darwin :/ because when i press F8 it just gives me the partitions on my hard drive, and the iAtkos disk, which wont boot up without busratio=18 :/

Ok when you boot the disc and you press F8 and it allows you to choose to boot from your hard discs or the iAtkos DVD just type the busratio=18 flag and you should see where it starts typing. I'll look for a photo of the bootloader at this stage so i can illustrate my instructions a bit better.

basically just do this to the t:

1. when it starts the countdown saying press F8 for additional boot options, press F8

2. now type "busratio=18" and hit enter

it should now start to boot the disc.

good luck

Ok when you boot the disc and you press F8 and it allows you to choose to boot from your hard discs or the iAtkos DVD just type the busratio=18 flag and you should see where it starts typing. I'll look for a photo of the bootloader at this stage so i can illustrate my instructions a bit better.

basically just do this to the t:

1. when it starts the countdown saying press F8 for additional boot options, press F8

2. now type "busratio=18" and hit enter

it should now start to boot the disc.

good luck

i have it installed!! thank you!

but now i have run into another problem, as i expected i would :L

it doesnt actually boot, it hangs at the apple screen :/ i know its my graphics card. but i didnt know what kext it was so i left it blank, then i tryed a kext GMAx3100 but that wasnt it either

i have intel HD graphics and i dont know what version so i dont know what kext to use :/

if anyone could help would be appretiated :(

i have it installed!! thank you!

but now i have run into another problem, as i expected i would :L

it doesnt actually boot, it hangs at the apple screen :/ i know its my graphics card. but i didnt know what kext it was so i left it blank, then i tryed a kext GMAx3100 but that wasnt it either

i have intel HD graphics and i dont know what version so i dont know what kext to use :/

if anyone could help would be appretiated :)

In your original post you stated you have an ATi Mobility Hd 4850 so i'm guessing you actaully have switchable graphics? If this is the case just try disabling the Intel HD Graphics in the BIOS so that Mac boots up using your ATi card (wont have full resolution or CI/QE natively).

Although the Intel HD Graphics cards are supported by Snow Leopard, native support isn't included until the 10.6.5/10.6.6 updates i think so use your ATi card untill then. Although with a bit of searching on the forums in the hardware>graphics card>ATi section you'll probably find a way of getting your ATi card working too.

good luck

In your original post you stated you have an ATi Mobility Hd 4850 so i'm guessing you actaully have switchable graphics? If this is the case just try disabling the Intel HD Graphics in the BIOS so that Mac boots up using your ATi card (wont have full resolution or CI/QE natively).

Although the Intel HD Graphics cards are supported by Snow Leopard, native support isn't included until the 10.6.5/10.6.6 updates i think so use your ATi card untill then. Although with a bit of searching on the forums in the hardware>graphics card>ATi section you'll probably find a way of getting your ATi card working too.

good luck

i didnt say i had ATI, the guy who started this post did :)

but i have tried everything and there is no way in this thing booting up. it either hangs on the apple logo, or if i use -v it hangs on a black screen with NO flashing cursor, i just dont know what to do :/