Troubles with Snow Leopard installation on Acer Extensa 7620G

nopeair

3 posts in this topic

Recently I decided to install SL on my notebook Extensa 7620G.

Intel Core2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz

Intel PM965 Express Chipset

DDR2 2GB RAM memory

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

First I tried iAtkos S3 10.6.3 ver.2, after booting using Empire EFI installation hangs with message "Still waiting for root device". Google tells me that this was problem with HDD drivers so I decided to try some another build.

Next one was Mac OS X Snow Leopard Universal v3.6 (10.6.2) - it booted normally, but after entering screen with Apple logo after few seconds appeared pop-up saying "You need to restart your computer now" on different languages. This message appears again and again after every reboot. At that point Google didn't actually helped me - there were a lot of advice's to change some parameters in BIOS (but I don't have such parameters at all), etc.

Can someone please help me with this issue or recommend some another assembly to install.

I'm totally new to hackintosh and after reading manuals I've completely lost in all this "kext", DSDT, booters.

Recently I decided to install SL on my notebook Extensa 7620G.

First I tried iAtkos S3 10.6.3 ver.2, after booting using Empire EFI installation hangs with message "Still waiting for root device". Google tells me that this was problem with HDD drivers so I decided to try some another build.

Next one was Mac OS X Snow Leopard Universal v3.6 (10.6.2) - it booted normally, but after entering screen with Apple logo after few seconds appeared pop-up saying "You need to restart your computer now" on different languages. This message appears again and again after every reboot. At that point Google didn't actually helped me - there were a lot of advice's to change some parameters in BIOS (but I don't have such parameters at all), etc.

Can someone please help me with this issue or recommend some another assembly to install.

I'm totally new to hackintosh and after reading manuals I've completely lost in all this "kext", DSDT, booters.

Bootflags, try these:

platform=X86PC -v

platform=ACPI -v

-x -v

-f -v

try this as well: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=135178

Still waiting for root device is a pain in the neck to bypass, because it's a strange error, that can be caused be different things.

Thanks for help =)

Bootflags, try these:

platform=X86PC -v

platform=ACPI -v

-x -v

-f -v

I've tried this flags - installation fails and one of the last messages is

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x002D9B96):"nfs_boot_init failed with 6" @/SourceCache//xnu/xnu-1228.9.59/bsd/nfs/nfs_vfsops.c:851

As I understand that man already installed OS X but after some time it stops booting but I can't install system so his tutorial won't help