Dell Inspiron 530

amzor

61 posts in this topic

I just bought an SSD and freshly installed OS X, updated successfully to 10.7.4.

Sleep appeared to work fine at first, but every once in a while it gets stuck waking up and I have to reboot. The next time it boots, I see messages like

5/9/12 12:58:34.000 PM kernel: hfs: BlockMarkFreeInternal() trying to free unallocated blocks (9992668,1) on volume Mac SSD
5/9/12 12:58:34.000 PM kernel: hfs: Runtime corruption detected on Mac SSD, fsck will be forced on next mount.

and after waiting and restarting a few times, the machine works again, but files that were open at the time (e.g. my browser profile) are deleted.

I've disabled sleep and have not seen this issue since (1 week so far).

Is there anything in DSDT that relates to flushing disk cache before going to sleep? I am a n00b who copied the posted DSDT without understanding it.

Thanks!!!

Dell Inspiron 530

Intel Core2Quad q6600 2.4GHz

Crucial M4 128GB (latest firmware version "000F")

GeForce 8600GT 512MB

3 GB DDR2 666MHz

I just bought an SSD and freshly installed OS X, updated successfully to 10.7.4.

Sleep appeared to work fine at first, but every once in a while it gets stuck waking up and I have to reboot. The next time it boots, I see messages like

5/9/12 12:58:34.000 PM kernel: hfs: BlockMarkFreeInternal() trying to free unallocated blocks (9992668,1) on volume Mac SSD
5/9/12 12:58:34.000 PM kernel: hfs: Runtime corruption detected on Mac SSD, fsck will be forced on next mount.

and after waiting and restarting a few times, the machine works again, but files that were open at the time (e.g. my browser profile) are deleted.

I've disabled sleep and have not seen this issue since (1 week so far).

Is there anything in DSDT that relates to flushing disk cache before going to sleep? I am a n00b who copied the posted DSDT without understanding it.

Thanks!!!

Dell Inspiron 530

Intel Core2Quad q6600 2.4GHz

Crucial M4 128GB (latest firmware version "000F")

GeForce 8600GT 512MB

3 GB DDR2 666MHz

could be firmware on ssd.. or needs TRIM enabled hack.

ive never tried ssd on ich9 .. bios version 1.0.18 ?

whos dsdt is it ? i wonder if u on raid or ide mode in bios.

could be firmware on ssd.. or needs TRIM enabled hack.

ive never tried ssd on ich9 .. bios version 1.0.18 ?

whos dsdt is it ? i wonder if u on raid or ide mode in bios.

I am using the DSDT from MacNB's post (#6 in this thread) and am in IDE mode. BIOS version 1.0.15.

SSD is on latest firmware (Crucial M4 128GB with firmware "000F") in slot SATA-1 (old hard drive is still in SATA-0 for now).

I tried enabling TRIM using ####### and TRIM Enabler, but neither worked.

ide mode.. no wonder.. see the way i did it is i edit SAT0 to include a _DSM injection of device id 2681 (ESB2 sata) then i remove ide1 and set to RAID in bios. now it works.

what video card do u have ?

use npci=0x2000 in the boot line

have u tried my dsdt ? how much ram u have ?

if u dump your own dsdt it might work. due to ram size/ bios version.

from linux live like mint or ubuntu.

install if you haven't already the acpidump and iasl tools:

sudo apt-get install acpidump iasl

### or

sudo yum install pmtools iasl

Then run the following commands on a bash terminal:

mkdir ~/acpiinfo ; cd ~/acpiinfo

sudo acpidump > acpidump.txt

# enter password

sudo acpixtract acpidump.txt

ls *.dat | while read i; do iasl -d "${i}"; done

name=`sudo dmidecode -s system-product-name`

mkdir "${name}" && cp *.dsl "${name}"/

now u have a folder named from pc model with dsdt and ssdt that u can send to mediafire and post here to compare.

I just now updated my BIOS to 1.0.18. Where can I find your DSDT to try?

video card: nVidia GeForce 8600GT 512MB

3GB RAM (DDR2 667MHz)

I haven't used ncpi=0x2000 because almost everything already works, I just had that SSD sleep corruption problem (and ALC888 audio doesn't work with Legacy AppleHDA.kext). Am I supposed to be using ncpi=0x2000 (I don't know what it does)?

I'll work on getting the DSDT and SSDT files as soon as I get Ubuntu running off USB.

Thanks.

now u have a folder named from pc model with dsdt and ssdt that u can send to mediafire and post here to compare.

I just now updated my BIOS to 1.0.18. Where can I find your DSDT to try?

video card: nVidia GeForce 8600GT 512MB

3GB RAM (DDR2 667MHz)

I haven't used ncpi=0x2000 because almost everything already works, I just had that SSD sleep corruption problem (and ALC888 audio doesn't work with Legacy AppleHDA.kext). Am I supposed to be using ncpi=0x2000 (I don't know what it does)?

I'll work on getting the DSDT and SSDT files as soon as I get Ubuntu running off USB.

Thanks.

I've attached my DSDT.dsl and SSDT.dsl files to this post.

Inspiron 530.zip

k here it is.

use chameleon wizard to choose macpro3,1

check the boxes

generatepstates generatecstates, use system io, graphicsenabler.. maybe more.

npci=0x2000 isnt needed as i ripped out the onboard video.

i also changed the Device (PCI0) _UID to 0x00 aka Zero for 10.6.8 compatibility and lion.

k here it is.

use chameleon wizard to choose macpro3,1

check the boxes

generatepstates generatecstates, use system io, graphicsenabler.. maybe more.

npci=0x2000 isnt needed as i ripped out the onboard video.

i also changed the Device (PCI0) _UID to 0x00 aka Zero for 10.6.8 compatibility and lion.