janek202

Kext Wizard - Easy to use Kext Installer and more

269 posts in this topic

KW 3.7.11

"save list of loaded kexts into txt file" doesn't save a file! 

The "Save As" box opens, I put in a name, choose a location, click "Save" and no file is found. 

Advertisement

Where a new version for Yosemite?And fix AppleKextExcludeList.kext

Problem in GenericUSBXHCI!!!!!

Thanks in advanced.

Look at this site:   http://pjalm.com/forums/index.php?topic=7.0  ,DSDT already with the patch for USB 3.0 ports. You will not need this "generic" kext in order to enable the doors. 

I applied the patch from this site in my DSDT, and ready never used the kext "GenericUSBXHCI". 

I tested both the Mavericks as in Yosemite, and works without problems.

Thanks this is awesome! :thumbsup_anim:

Look at this site:   http://pjalm.com/forums/index.php?topic=7.0  ,DSDT already with the patch for USB 3.0 ports. You will not need this "generic" kext in order to enable the doors. 

I applied the patch from this site in my DSDT, and ready never used the kext "GenericUSBXHCI". 

I tested both the Mavericks as in Yosemite, and works without problems.

Which patch is it exactly?

Fix EHC1 or Fix EHC2 or Fix XHC1 or something else?

I have a strange issue with KextWizard:

All of the following occurred on a clean install of Mavericks 10.9.4 (AppStore version) and again after a repeated clean install.

The first time I ran KextWizard (unfortunately I did not get a screen grab), under the "Target Disk" dropdown menu I had the option to select disks labelled "Mavericks" and "Windows7" (my labels).  I ran the wizard having selected the Mavericks disk but unfortunately I do not know whether this worked as I believe there was an issue with the Kext I was working on.

When I rebooted and came back to KextWizard I found that the disks listed under "Target Disk" had changed to "Item 2" & "Item 3" as shown in the image below:

attachicon.gif20140805_005642.jpg

I tried a few reboots and downloading the application again but I was not offered the option/label "Mavericks" again.

I persevered and attempted to select "item 2" in case the issue was only the label and not the actual disk selection but all options were greyed out, as shown in the picture below:

attachicon.gif20140805_020133.jpg

The same thing happened when I selected "item 3", all options greyed out, as shown below:

attachicon.gif20140805_020202.jpg

Next I tried not selecting either "Target Disk" and instead leaving the dropdown selection on "choose".  This allowed me to select the options under Extra and S/L/E.

When I selected options under Extra and clicked Execute I was prompted to enter my username and password, as shown in the picture below:

attachicon.gif20140805_015714.jpg

After this had processed I got the following error message:

attachicon.gif20140805_015731.jpg

I followed the same procedure, leaving the "Target Disk" selection as "Choose" but this time selected options under S/L/E. I was again prompted for my username and password, as shown below:

attachicon.gif20140805_015851.jpg

this time, I received as acknowledgement that the tasks were finished, as below.

attachicon.gif20140805_015904.jpg

Other than the, rather unreliable, "Done" screen I have no way of determining whether or not KextWizard is seeing my Mavericks partitions, let alone whether it is making any changes.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Is this a problem others have encountered?

It's the same for me...  Impossible to use kext wizard... I don't know why---

Hello Janek202

Great App! I've been using her for years, with the recent OS X El Capitan changes some things are now broken like Repair Permission. Also would you be willing to add the option for installing Kext Extensions into /Library/Extensions/ along with /System/Library/Extensions/ and Extra and Extensions.mkext on Desktop? Kext Wizard would then be able to do-it-all, you could even add the option to install Kexts into /EFI/clover/kexts/10.x/ folders if you wanted to just go completely overboard.  :w00t:

Obviously this can all be achieved manually with terminal but your Apps a heck-of-allot easier!

Gratitude,

Robert aka Mrengles

you could even add the option to install Kexts into /EFI/clover/kexts/10.x/ folders

But what on earth is so hard about copy/paste?

Nothing wrong with copy and past... If you would have quoted/read my posted correctly you would have seen that.

...you could even add the option to install Kexts into /EFI/clover/kexts/10.x/ folders if you wanted to just go completely overboard.  :w00t:

I can quote parts of post and make people look like an idiot too.

... would you be willing to add the option for installing Kext Extensions into /Library/Extensions/ along with /System/Library/Extensions/

But what on earth is so hard about copy/paste?

I guess if you want more specifics about the process, the hidden EFI portion needs to be mounted every time you want to make changes. An updated Kext Wizard, could do that, and install into the right Clover location by getting into from the current running OS.

Have a great day!

Mrengles

Hmmm. O....K. :surprised:

At no point did i try to "make you look like an idiot"

Kexts to clover folder need no installation, so no need to use any automated app to do this. EFI is "hidden" for good reason, why people always find this to be problematic i do not know.

Hmmm. O....K. :surprised:

At no point did i try to "make you look like an idiot"

Kexts to clover folder need no installation, so no need to use any automated app to do this. EFI is "hidden" for good reason, why people always find this to be problematic i do not know.

I don't know either... No need for Kext Wizard either its just saves steps and makes life easier. Do you use an app or Terminal to mount your "hidden" EFI partition? Well if Kext Wizard was updated to install Extensions into the Clover kext folders you wouldn't need to do either. Again it would just make managing Extension with Kext Wizard MORE helpful.

A little tip for easy access to the EFI partitions. Add this to your ~/bash_profile

# Mount hidden EFI partitions
alias mountEFI0='mkdir /Volumes/efi0 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi0'
alias mountEFI1='mkdir /Volumes/efi1 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/efi1'
alias mountEFI2='mkdir /Volumes/efi2 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk2s1 /Volumes/efi2'
alias mountEFI3='mkdir /Volumes/efi3 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk3s1 /Volumes/efi3'
alias mountEFI4='mkdir /Volumes/efi4 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk4s1 /Volumes/efi4'
alias mountEFI5='mkdir /Volumes/efi5 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk5s1 /Volumes/efi5'
Edited by Mrengles

I don't know either... No need for Kext Wizard either its just saves steps and makes life easier. Do you use an app or Terminal to mount your "hidden" EFI partition? Well if Kext Wizard was updated to install Extensions into the Clover kext folders you wouldn't need to do either. Again it would just make managing Extension with Kext Wizard MORE helpful.

A little tip for easy access to the EFI partitions. Add this to your ~/bash_profile

# Mount hidden EFI partitions
alias mountEFI0='mkdir /Volumes/efi0 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi0'
alias mountEFI1='mkdir /Volumes/efi1 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/efi1'
alias mountEFI2='mkdir /Volumes/efi2 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk2s1 /Volumes/efi2'
alias mountEFI3='mkdir /Volumes/efi3 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk3s1 /Volumes/efi3'
alias mountEFI4='mkdir /Volumes/efi4 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk4s1 /Volumes/efi4'
alias mountEFI5='mkdir /Volumes/efi5 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk5s1 /Volumes/efi5'

I see your point about updating Kext Wizard.  If I am going to keep it sitting in my dock, it makes sense for it to be able to work well with the newest OS.  Clover configurator will also mount the EFI partition but I choose to have my EFI partition mounted at all times.  Therefore, I use the Clover prefpane to mount the EFI partition.  The command to mount the EFI partition is put into the NVRAM.plist.

post-270804-0-43817400-1441392257_thumb.png

Actually its easier to just use 'diskutil mount /dev/diskXs1' where X is the disk number.

One simple command :D

Well thats even easier. Thanks PJALM!

Actually its easier to just use 'diskutil mount /dev/diskXs1' where X is the disk number.

One simple command :D

Even easier to use 'diskutil mount EFI' if your partition is labeled EFI.  You can also omit the /dev/ part as well ie. 'diskutil mount disk1s1' works fine.

the diskutil command is wonderful.  Before discovering it I used to do 'mkdir /Volumes/EFI ; sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1'. 

Hope somebody can halp me, i have a Lenovo yoga 2 "13" i just int Mac OS X 10.11.6 on it, i need some kext too it, and do i have to boot from usb?

13-inch 1,920 x 1,080 touchscreen Full HD
1.9GHz Intel Core i3 4030U
4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1600MHz
1792MB (shared) Intel HD Graphics 4400
802.11b/g/n wireless, Bluetooth 4.0

Thanks for a great contribution to the OSX86 universe, it certainly has a lot more options than most other kext helpers out there. Well done.

Yes. I used "touch" command, so system takes care of rebuilding cache, instead of rebuilding it manually. At least it should work like that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now