ATI RADEON MOBILITY 4530

rokatz

25 posts in this topic

Hello guys.. got few questions for you.. but this is mainly for my graphics card ATI mobility radeon 4530 with 512mb..

1.) what version of mac should i get.. Snow leopard 10.6 (then update to 10.6.6) or Lion 10.7??

2.) Can someone plzz make a simple tutorial to make ATI 4530 Mobility Radeon to have QE/CL..

BTW my laptop is HP Pavilion DV6-1323tx.. :)

and I'm doing a fresh install of either Snow or Lion.. depending on which one will work for my graphics card..

THANKS SO MUCH... :(

sorry for my bad english

MY SYSTEM IS LEOHAZARD 10.6.6i

(I TRIED IATKOS 10.6.3 THEN UPDATED TO 10.6.6 IT BUT IT DOESN'T WORK)

N.B: reference to kizwan thread about Dell 1557 and your thread of ATI mobility

1. download this ATI kexts from lion (http://www.mediafire.com/?p7kgtuv3eys60ur)

after download it put your id to ati4600controller.kext

don't copy atix2000.kext i kept the original one.

after repair permission reboot then you'll get wrong colors but everything will work(qe/ci and resolution).

2. download this boot(http://prasys.info/2010/07/empireefi-1-085-for-osx-10-6-3-is-out/) choose the one with ati

you'll get boot and legacy boot after unzip.

burn legacy boot to cd and then boot from it.

you'll get the screen half working and half not, try to change the resolution to 1280*768 72HZ

3.download switchRex and add custom resolution (1366*768, pixel clock 75)

save it and reboot.

finally everything working fine with all resolutions

I have a HP Dv6-1130el with a Mobility Radeon 4530 and i'm interested too ;)

I tried with this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=252061.

I have:

1. Recompiled chemeleon with Shrike FrameBuffer, edited the file ati.c on my deviceid = 0x9553.

2. Edited the ATIFramebuffer kext with my own parameters (SenseID, Transmitter ecc..).

3. Added RadeonHD kext.

And nothig happens :| The system boots but when snow leopard loads i can't use the system because i see only thousands colors and lines everywhere :|

Nobody knows if i can start my system with QE/CI enabled (i made an error) or it will never happen?

Thanks a lot!

Xhunter

I have a HP Dv6-1130el with a Mobility Radeon 4530 and i'm interested too :)

I tried with this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=252061.

I have:

1. Recompiled chemeleon with Shrike FrameBuffer, edited the file ati.c on my deviceid = 0x9553.

2. Edited the ATIFramebuffer kext with my own parameters (SenseID, Transmitter ecc..).

3. Added RadeonHD kext.

And nothig happens :) The system boots but when snow leopard loads i can't use the system because i see only thousands colors and lines everywhere :D

Nobody knows if i can start my system with QE/CI enabled (i made an error) or it will never happen?

Thanks a lot!

Xhunter

Mine is Mobility Radeon HD 4330, dev id 0x9552

Check my thread too for possible solutions.

If you have dual link LVDS -- means a high resolution screen like mine 1400x900 -- we are still working on it, but I just posted a new injector which might help.

To recover, boot -s

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -R ./ATI4600Controller.kext
touch /System/Library/Extensions
shutdown -r now

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply :D

I figured out that the problem starts exactly when i try to install the RadeonHD.kext.

Did you used this kext? Maybe I need only a patched ATIFramebuffer and an ATI4600Controller with my deviceid inside?

Thank you :(

xhunter

Thank you for your reply :D

I figured out that the problem starts exactly when i try to install the RadeonHD.kext.

Did you used this kext? Maybe I need only a patched ATIFramebuffer and an ATI4600Controller with my deviceid inside?

Thank you :(

xhunter

I have used RadeonHD.kext for years, but it does not give QE/CI. dong has a thread in the X Labs section. Make sure you have his latest version.

I am working on the patched FB solution. As I have a dual link LVDS (1400x900) its still a work in progress.

hi guys

thanks for your help but it is very complicated to have it work

now it is 100 QE but i have fuzzy LDVS and i failed to edit FB or get my senses ids or any from another posts

i think it is my problem but as i get help from you all guys to have my LDVS working in right colors

i did all i can but still can view normal picture :)

my card is 9553_1002 ati mobility 4530

i have full res in vga connection and green apple at left top corner

but i cant use it outdoor coz internal screen fuzzy colored

please help in very easy way

thank you all

i try everything except those very complicated to me like patching FB or getting this numbers the experts can do

simply

lion 10.7 ati kexts will take ati4600controller open it and but your id 95531002 in io matching then save

i have fresh 10.6.6i, boot with -x

install only atisuport + atifb + ati4600 which you edited 3 files with kextutilits

bootlist edit graphicsenabler=y

reboot

but i still need to fix LVDS colors i couldn't find any help with it

hope this help

sorry for bad english

i try everything except those very complicated to me like patching FB or getting this numbers the experts can do

simply

lion 10.7 ati kexts will take ati4600controller open it and but your id 95531002 in io matching then save

i have fresh 10.6.6i, boot with -x

install only atisuport + atifb + ati4600 which you edited 3 files with kextutilits

bootlist edit graphicsenabler=y

reboot

but i still need to fix LVDS colors i couldn't find any help with it

hope this help

sorry for bad english

try this boot CD (http://prasys.info/2010/07/empireefi-1-085-for-osx-10-6-3-is-out/)

after downloading it you'll get zip file unzip it and you get two files legacy and boot

burn them on separate cds and boot from them

you'll get the screen half working and half not just try to change the resolution to 1280*768@72MHZ

and tell me what happens

MY SYSTEM IS LEOHAZARD 10.6.6i

(I TRIED IATKOS 10.6.3 THEN UPDATED TO 10.6.6 IT BUT IT DOESN'T WORK)

N.B: reference to kizwan thread about Dell 1557 and your thread of ATI mobility

1. download this ATI kexts from lion (http://www.mediafire.com/?p7kgtuv3eys60ur)

after download it put your id to ati4600controller.kext

don't copy atix2000.kext i kept the original one.

after repair permission reboot then you'll get wrong colors but everything will work(qe/ci and resolution).

2. download this boot(http://prasys.info/2010/07/empireefi-1-085-for-osx-10-6-3-is-out/) choose the one with ati

you'll get boot and legacy boot after unzip.

burn legacy boot to cd and then boot from it.

you'll get the screen half working and half not, try to change the resolution to 1280*768 72HZ

3.download switchRex and add custom resolution (1366*768, pixel clock 75)

save it and reboot.

finally everything working fine with all resolutions

I got my resolution right with your way..But now my screen color is wrong. Its like VGA mode of windows.

When I boot with EFI legacy the resolution become 1024x768 fixed. I changed custom resolution in switchresx but nothing changed. After reboot from HDD the color become wrong again.

Can you give me any idea? Please help me.

Thanks.

shovon

I got my resolution right with your way..But now my screen color is wrong. Its like VGA mode of windows.

When I boot with EFI legacy the resolution become 1024x768 fixed. I changed custom resolution in switchresx but nothing changed. After reboot from HDD the color become wrong again.

Can you give me any idea? Please help me.

Thanks.

shovon

boot with this GraphicsEnabler=NO -v

be careful of capital and small letters

boot with this GraphicsEnabler=NO -v

be careful of capital and small letters

No luck! I tried both from HDD and EFI disk. System start with fixed 1024x768. And its not half screen you mention.

And with GraphicsEnabler=NO the switchResX display become disable.

Any Help?

Thanks

Shovon

No luck! I tried both from HDD and EFI disk. System start with fixed 1024x768. And its not half screen you mention.

And with GraphicsEnabler=NO the switchResX display become disable.

Any Help?

Thanks

Shovon

I don't know whats the problem but this is my video shot of my snow leopard 10.6.7

I don't know whats the problem but this is my video shot of my snow leopard 10.6.7

Sorry to mention that external monitor is working fine but its all problem with my laptop screen.

Is there any way to detect my LVDS. And I can't uninstall switchResX. There is no uninstall option or directory in App folder for switchResX. Before SwitchResX when I try "ioreg -l" in terminal there was nothing about "IODisplayEDID". I found mine in windows and try to edit display overrides.

Do thing this info might be helpful?

Thanks

try this boot CD (http://prasys.info/2010/07/empireefi-1-085-for-osx-10-6-3-is-out/)

after downloading it you'll get zip file unzip it and you get two files legacy and boot

burn them on separate cds and boot from them

you'll get the screen half working and half not just try to change the resolution to 1280*768@72MHZ

and tell me what happens

i couldn't get two files

Hi there,

Cheers I got it. Sorry you've made it possible.

Before installing Myhack I install the ATY_init.kext, changed GraphicsEnabler=NO and now system running with native 1366x768 resolution. But I also get some problems. The system profiler showing ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 (Which is right). But its showing 256 MB (My one is 512 MB). Before Empire EFI it was wrong color and showed ATI Radeon HD 4600, 512 MB.

I don't know why? And the major problem is my cursor not showing right. It showing some pixelated horizontal lines. When I increase the cursor size it appears to be ok. Any solution on this?

And please tell me how can I update the system to 10.6.7? I've downloaded the combo update pack and tried with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] before restart. But the system didn't run after restart. Can I use the efi my hack after update?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

Shovon

• 2 weeks later...

@ shovon.. hey how did u get it.. did u get the internal screen working?? please provide a step by step from the weird color screen (external working fine).. thanks

@DonKurdi.. hey i tried downloading the boot files.. i burned them into separate disc.. boot with GraphicsEnabler=No.. still no half screen working... please help.. :censored2:

THANKS!!!!!

@ shovon.. hey how did u get it.. did u get the internal screen working?? please provide a step by step from the weird color screen (external working fine).. thanks

@DonKurdi.. hey i tried downloading the boot files.. i burned them into separate disc.. boot with GraphicsEnabler=No.. still no half screen working... please help.. :(

THANKS!!!!!

Nope.......I am stuck with it.......I am now trying to learn dsdt things......Searching suitable guides to learn.....I brought my crt monitor back from my friend and using it.....And I also didn't get the half screen either.

• 2 months later...

please i need pros help

now i have it work with EVOenabler.kext and switchresX but not stable at all and only internal screen no vga or hdmi no dvd no finalcut :blink:

with graphicsenabler=yes without EVOenabler.kext i have vga or hdmi (dont have them i tried with friend LG HD) but no sound HDmi (using voodoHda2.7) but internal fuzzy color ( witch i only have :D ) also no dvd or finalcut

now:

How i can have internal graphicsenabler=yes witch is more stable and have finalcut working?

@donkurdy

Can you give me your ioregdump? I will do a dsdt graphics injection to bypass all instable graphicsenabler and evo/atyinit. I need your at bin-image. Cheers

• 10 months later...