Mac on AMD 64?

Zweekerboy

13 posts in this topic

Ok, so im pretty new to this. Can Mac OS X be installed and RUN on a AMD 64 3000? Even if it's a 64bit processor? is there a special hacked installation?

I downloaded a Mac OS X 10.4.6 , well i think it's .6 .

Any who..

I downloaded that DVD image, burned it, booted it, everything went fine, until an error message came up on DOS (It's a Darwin boot loader).

There was a time-out, when trying to install hardware. Then i let it restart the process until it stopped, and went back to the command prompt.

I tried it in safe mode, and still didn't work.

Im sure it has to be with my 64bit processor? am i right? :thumbsdown_anim:

i installed 10.4.3 on athlon64 3200+ (venice), so it works with amd64

but i had issue with motherboard (albatron k8nf4x), macos did not like usb contoller so i had to disable usb in bios prior to installation...

i installed 10.4.3 on athlon64 3200+ (venice), so it works with amd64

but i had issue with motherboard (albatron k8nf4x), macos did not like usb contoller so i had to disable usb in bios prior to installation...

Hmmm, what steps did u take? Also, what kinda install CD did u use?

So u know,

I have a...

AMD 64 3000

512mb RAM

120gig WD HD (with a unnalocated part. 20gb for OS X)

Asus K8V MB

and a AGP ATI x1300

I don't think it's uncompatible with any of the hardware, cause i disbabled it, and my current boot-loader crashes.

i have 10.4.3 patched with JaS1111a generic patch v4.2b

it went very smooth - i partitioned my hard disk, booted macos dvd, formated one partition with macos disk utility and installed the system without problem.

as i told you before, i just had to disable usb in bios - so i do not use usb mouse and keyboard.

when i left usb enabled it would try forever to enumerate some nonexistant usb device and it would not boot at al

once i've got system installed i fixed usb problem by installing usb driver from 10.4.7 system. now on booting i still get message about enumerating some usb device, but now it does not hang in that any more and it boots fine.

what error did you get?

i have 10.4.3 patched with JaS1111a generic patch v4.2b

it went very smooth - i partitioned my hard disk, booted macos dvd, formated one partition with macos disk utility and installed the system without problem.

as i told you before, i just had to disable usb in bios - so i do not use usb mouse and keyboard.

when i left usb enabled it would try forever to enumerate some nonexistant usb device and it would not boot at al

once i've got system installed i fixed usb problem by installing usb driver from 10.4.7 system. now on booting i still get message about enumerating some usb device, but now it does not hang in that any more and it boots fine.

what error did you get?

Well the error I got was some AppleUSBHC blah blah,

Once i saw "AppleUSB" I was like, "Oh yeh, thats deffinetly the USB hardware port.

So i disabled it, (as i said before), and it still doesn't work.

As i said before, I am using a Darwin Boot Loader DVD, works fine until it hangs on the Command prompt.

I tried booting it in safe-mode, still doesn't work.

I tried it on my other computer, an HP A1017C, boots fine, didn't have to disable anything.

BUT it does the same as this computer (Which is a custom built), it hangs on the command prompt.

So im thinking i better find another boot loader.

Do u have a link to the same one you used? (like a torrent?)

Also, one more thing I tried before i gave up was try another graphics card, i swapped my ATI Radeon X1300 with my old nVidia GeForce 5200, and it didn't work at all, in fact it crashed it.

I'm on a similar situation, I have an AMD 3500+ (venice) with 1Gb RAM and an ASUS MB...(it's a Compaq SR1750NX machine ), downloaded the HOTiSO DVD burned the ISO with Nero and prepared my 120Gb empty HDD for this...(primary partition, FAT32, only 30Gb in size) disconnected my 200Gb disk (where I have XP and all my files) left the empty disk untouched and booted from the DVD...got the nice Apple display and suddenly it stopped here:

25gffrm.jpg

at first I thought it was because I was using a wireless kboard and mouse but after trying with a regular one it still freezes...any insight on this? I'm already downloading the Jas DVD to try again... :blink:

oh and managed to damage the MBR in the process...lmao

Well, damn, then you're lucky, im still on the boot screen, using VMware that is, it just sticks there with the little spinning lines thing, and isn't doin anything.

Well, i have the ISO image being burned onto a DVD at 4x, just to make sure it doesn't skrew up when writting it.

THat might be your problem is either the image was burned wrong, or you have some uncompatible hardware.

Well, damn, then you're lucky, im still on the boot screen, using VMware that is, it just sticks there with the little spinning lines thing, and isn't doin anything.

Well, i have the ISO image being burned onto a DVD at 4x, just to make sure it doesn't skrew up when writting it.

THat might be your problem is either the image was burned wrong, or you have some uncompatible hardware.

that's why I'm downloading another one... :(

Iat first I thought it was because I was using a wireless kboard and mouse but after trying with a regular one it still freezes...any insight on this?

Was your "regular" keyboard and mouse USB?

Some people have problems with the installer when using USB keyboard and mouse. It doesn't accept any input so may look like it is frozen.

If you haven't already, try a PS2 keyboard and mouse.

There are also problems mixing a PS2 keyboard with a USB mouse. They both should be PS2.

Well, im using a Wireless PS/2 keyboard/mouse, so u know.

Do u know why it's freezing on the grey apple screen? (by using VMware).

Is there any settings i should use? or set?

Im using the installation through the ISO image, mounted it, and it loads, but then freezes. why?? =( ??