Help Still Awaiting Root Device With Dell xps8000

BigSlice

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone I am new to the whole hackintosh scene and recently tried installing leohazard 10.6.6i on my dell xps 8000 intel I7 with 1tb sata hdd. i could not get passed the still awaiting root device with leohazard so i switched to iatkos (sorry if thats not how its spelt) it installed fine but however when booting it gave me that stupid no smoking sign even though i managed to partition the hard drives and apparently install it correctly i have looked around for possible fixes but they all seem old and none of them are working. I tried reinstalling windows but that would not allow me to it says cannot install over a gpt file system so as of now im stuck on ubuntu :'( any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

My hardware specs are as follows:

Intel I7 2.96ghz

nvidia geforce 1gb graphics card

8gb ddr3 ram

1tb sata hdd

If it helps my dvd drive is also run via sata

Hey everyone I am new to the whole hackintosh scene and recently tried installing leohazard 10.6.6i on my dell xps 8000 intel I7 with 1tb sata hdd. i could not get passed the still awaiting root device with leohazard so i switched to iatkos (sorry if thats not how its spelt) it installed fine but however when booting it gave me that stupid no smoking sign even though i managed to partition the hard drives and apparently install it correctly i have looked around for possible fixes but they all seem old and none of them are working. I tried reinstalling windows but that would not allow me to it says cannot install over a gpt file system so as of now im stuck on ubuntu :'( any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

My hardware specs are as follows:

Intel I7 2.96ghz

nvidia geforce 1gb graphics card

8gb ddr3 ram

1tb sata hdd

If it helps my dvd drive is also run via sata

it sounds like you are missing the driver for the sata.

first try booting with -f -v to see if the driver cache is wrong.

else

boot from the install disc again and try to look out for BSDroot=diskxsx (replaces x with numbers) once you see the bsdroot disk number...then reboot your machine with the rd=diskxsx before pressing enter

hopefully this may help