Laptop Nvidia 7400 Go Internal LCD Problems

bageleudi

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm trying to build a hackintosh for some time now and have a huge problem with my graphics card.

My Laptop is a Samsung NP-X11TS01/SEG with these specs:

- Core 2 Duo T7200 2x 2.00GHz

• 2048MB (2x 1024MB)

• NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 128MB max.512MB shared memory

• 14.1" WXGA glare TFT (1280x800)

I'm using a Retail Snow Leopard Installation 10.6 and everything works perfect except for the internal LCD.

During Installation I have to plug-in an external Monitor via VGA because the internal LCD Screen will got black after the grey Apple Logo. But with an external Screen pluged-in everything works and I can finish the installation.

After that, on the external Monitor everything works out of the box - I got QE working, I got full Resolution and also can change the Resolutions in Settings.

I am startig the System with boot options in Chameleon (Graphics Enabler=yes) If set to no, the system won't start.

I tried several Injectors (NVenabler, NVinject, NVcush....) but none of those gave me the internal screen of the laptop.

The last thing i did, I put my Device ID into NVDANV40Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext. And that made my Internal Screen working. With the Hotkey on my keyboard i can switch to the external Monitor, i can switch to mirror mode and back to the internal screen. So i thougth that everything is working like a charm.

BUT! QE isn't working, and I also got stock with just one Resolution (1024x768) :)

And that is where I am Now! And I don't know what to do next. I read a lot of threads in forums but none of them could help me :) First i thought I had the same problem like some Sony VAIO users - who could not get the internal LCD to work - but I'm not sure about that since i got mine working except for QE and full Resolution.

Is there a chance for me to get it working? I'm out of ideas right now, and i hope that someone here has some ideas for me how to get that thing working on my internal screen.

Maybe it has something to do with display-cfg? or NVCAP? I don't know.... :(

I would really appreciate if someone could help me. If you need some more infos, just tell me.

I'm sorry for the long thread and my poor english (I'm from germany ;) )

Thanks in advance

Eddy

PS. I could not post this thread in the hardware->graphics->nvidia section, so I don't know if its right here.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem Solved! :D

I installed the "newest" bios (from 2008 :P ) and since then everything works just like a charm out of the box!

So I got my full resolution, and QE ist working!

The only problem left is the sleepmode - I can't get it working. the laptop goes into sleepmode - but never wakes up.

With sleepenabler.kext it also won't wake up, but when i restart the system with the power button - I get a grey view of the desktop with some points at the bottom - which i guess should be the screen when waking up? But it never does!

The system won't start, but reboots everytime. Without the sleepenabler.kext I'm not sure what happens, when I try to wakeup the system - I think the hdd starts working again - and the display also changes from beeing off to blackscreen - but it never shows me the desktop again...

Any ideas about that? I'm on SL 10.6.6 now :D

bageleudi