iATKOS S3 v2 iso on VPCF13YFX install reboot error

2 posts in this topic

I have a Sony Vaio VPCF13YFX laptop and am encountering a few problems in my install. I am used to installing and am a pretty good computer user, but am quite stuck when it comes to identifying errors that need to be changed on the Mac Os.

My computer specs are:

Nvidia Geforce GT 425M (1 GB DDR 3 Dedicted VRAM)

Toshiba Sata Drive (640 GB)

Mac parttition is 40 GB.

6 GB DDR3 Ram

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 AGN (wireless)

Intel Yukon 88E8057 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Intel Core i7 Q740

Nvidia High Def Audio / Realtec Hi Def Audio

Intel 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port

Intel 82801 PCI Bridge - 2448

Intel 82802 Firmware Hub Device

Intel PM55 Express Chipset LPC Interface Controller - 3B03

MOBO:

Sony VPCF13YFX

FSB:

Intel QPI

I have tried to boot to the iATKOS S3 v2, but at first it failed to even boot, and would restart.

I have now tried to install (by using the "-v cpus=8 busratio=12" parameters) and i am not entireley sure what to select for my MOBO driver, and if i should use video enabler, or the NATIT.kext or the other enabler for nvidia and what other options i want to avoid.

I have win7 alreday configured to boot to macOSX using Easy BCD and it recognizes chamelion 2 rc5 when I try to boot to it. I erase my Mac OSX partition (disk0s5), using Mac OSX extended (journaled) filesystem. I then use the menu to install chameleon bootloader onto the drive before continuing (yes selecting disk0s5) and then i go onto customizing my install. I choose the basic stuff that should be a no brainer for this setup, and choose the folowing packages and kexts:

-----------------------------------------

No bootloader (because it is alreday installed and i have tried it using isnatlling default first entry or chameleon rc5 but to no avil)

PS/2:Apple PS/2

Laptop: Battery and Card Reader

NTFS-3G (to read my ntfs drives when i boot up)

NVEnabler

No wireless

Yukon 88E8056 (closest to mine a smine ends in 57)

-----------------------------------------

I get to about 3/4 done (bar is in middle under second leg of X logo) before it closes, displays a little bit of text and quickly reboots. I am not sure how i can see what kexts throw the failure of the install or what selections i Need to make / disable that i havent done so in my customizations.

I heard that the i7 works on the vanilla kernel so i dont need a patched kernel, and my board has an intel chipset so it should work quite well out of the box.

What do you guys suggest? Anybody else know of any suggestions or things i can try?

I would prefer to install Snow Leopard rather than upgrading from leopard if i could (to avoid kext or other inconsistencies). I dont wnat to seem like a lazy person that doesnt want to solve problems on thier own, but i cannot find this information on google, and the only other thread with this hardware is on a diofferent make of this model so i'm kinda stuck for now.

My Image and packages have been verified using the md5 checksum btw.

post-303847-1299395427_thumb.png

I eventually got macOSX 10.6.6 snow leopard going on this computer. It even boots without any command arguments.

The only things i cannot get to work are:

Marvell Yukon 8808E57 ethernet card (which seems to not be made yet or not well known)

Hardware ID PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_4380&SUBSYS_907A104D&REV_10

Nvidia Geforce GT 425m

Hardware ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DF0&SUBSYS_907A104D&REV_A1

(I have installed the Nvidia drivers from the site, and the Mac CUDA drivers but idk how to ensure it recognizes it to its full potential)

Realtec Hi-Def audio

Hardware ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0BEA&SUBSYS_907A104D&REV_A1

(I am unsure how to determine exact model, like ALC88 or whatever)

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 AGN

Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0087&SUBSYS_13018086&REV_5E

-------------------------------------------

USB and keyboard worked when i selected the right kexts, ill post a kext list after my class, but at first it did not recognize the keyboard.