Can't click for 5 minutes after boot

BLAZEDGHANDI

1 post in this topic

OK so I successfully installed Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on my AMD machine, I have audio and internet and all that good stuff up and running. BUT, when i first boot into Snow leopard, I can move my mouse, but can't click on anything for about 5 minutes and then all of the sudden it works. Same with my keyboard. I have a Logitech MX518 mouse and a Saitek Eclipse keyboard. And I have tried a PS/2 mouse and keyboard with no avail. The weird thing is that when I plug in a USB, it shows up on my desktop and my wireless utility starts up after booting too. So it's not frozen!

I tried replacing my IOUSBFamily.kext, installing a IOPCIFamily.kext and removing the AppleHPET.kext (I also removed all my firewire kexts since they gave me trouble before) from /System/Library/Extensions, repairing permissions and running Marvin's AMD. Still no success!

Here's my machine:

AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+

3GB DDR RAM 1333MHz

160GB WD IDE

NVidia GeForce GTS250

GA-K8NXP-SLI Motherboard

(yeah kinda old specs, i know)

Any help to fix this is appreciated :)

====EDIT=======

Fixed it. My stupid mistake was causing this error. I was confusing the OS by having a ps/2 keyboard in at the same time as my usb mouse and keyboard. So I just unplugged my ps/2 keyboard and it all works fine and dandy now :)